Chapter 30: A familiar face

It had been three days since Keiran met up with his Father King Sidon. From then on him, Ruto and Ralis have been trying to figure out a plan for them to stay together as a family.

"If Mother comes to the Domain, maybe she will realise how much she misses Father and us!" Ruto said enthusiastically. I (Keiran) knew our shared mother more than anyone so I knew it wouldn't go down like they planned.

"Hm, I'll just stick with your plan, but I know that Mother won't be that easy to pursue." I stated to my younger siblings. Now they knew of their new royal status, prince and princess of Hyrule and Zora's Domain, they've done everything to try and meet the Queen of Hyrule.

"Lord Keiran. May I have a word?" I turned around and saw my own appointment Knight Sheik, he's a trained ninja and seems to have my Mothers trust, so I guess he's good enough for me.

"Of course." I stood up from the table and excused myself from the presence of my two siblings. I knew that now Sheik has located me he will have some sort of command directly from Mother.

"What does she want?" I quizzed him and his lips went into a thin line. By now Sheik and I have been getting along well, I would consider him a friend that I can confide in after his working hours...which is never to be honest. So when I saw his lips thinning I knew that it was news I wouldn't like.

"Ah...Milady sent me here, as you probably have guessed she wants me to escort you home back to Hyrule castle where she will asses the event at large." He bowed his head professionally and waited for my uproar with closed eyes and furrowed brows.

"...I see. Well how fast can you get back and tell her that King Sidon and his children- by siblings- will be joining me?" I held a poker face as Sheik's eyes widened with my newly acquired courage to stand up to my Mother. Don't get me wrong, any other day me and Mother are stuck like glue we get along that well.

"Milady won't like that news, but I'm guessing you already know this... I can get there and back within sun set." Sheik took a look outside to see the weather conditions and time.

I smiled slightly and thanked him for following my sudden order that could get him an earful from my Mother in a few hours.

"My essential items will be ready and we will meet you by Inigo bridge at Moonlight." I informed the blonde man in front of me. I simply got a nod of acceptance from him, his shaggy fringe moved upwards revealing his dark red eyes.

"I'll be off. Be safe Milord." I didn't reply I just watched him leave down the staircase before I turned around and opened the door into tactics room. Or what would've been the tacticians room when battle was needed.

Ruto and Ralis don't know the danger that approaches the kingdom of Hyrule. Not many know about the teenager who's said to be the reincarnation of Ganon. It terrified me Link and Zelda...

Of course mother seemed fine. Sturdy, strong and courageous. She's always been like that, I'm sure she's scared without her husband and two younger children. I guess she just wants to protect us all.

"Hey, get some stuff together we're going." The two Zora's looked up from their shared book with widened eyes. It felt good to be their older brother. Someone other than our awkward parents for them to rely on. I wish I had that.

"Where too?" Ralis asked me, his lips were pulled into a frown, he was very casual around me and I liked that. We're blood siblings after all.

"Hyrule Castle. That man there was my 'appointed knight' of sorts. Me, Zelda and Link have one." Ruto had a smile on her face at the mention of her cousins.

"Prince Link and Princess Zelda? They're nearly as famous as you Kieran. I'd love to meet them!" If you haven't noticed, Ruto has a fascination with the Hylian Royal Family. She knows a lot about them, their history and even what their weapons, powers and horses are.
But she's now part of that, she's the queens daughter and it hasn't sinked in yet.

"You know their out cousins right?" Ralis sighed at Ruto's childish wonder and delight.

"...oh yeah" I laughed at her realisation.

"Keiran... can you tell me what mother is like again? I'm so nervous, will I actually get to meet her?"
Ralis was shaking his head as I sat down and began to describe mother in perfect detail to my younger sister.

———————————————————————-
Hi! I'm back! And I'm still on holiday! It's nearly been a month.

I have written a new book/story on a romance between three people. Like a love triangle of sort. If you like that sorta thing please go read and support it! ❤️