Chapter 31: Home

Keiran's POV (again)

Night came fast, the moonlight was the only light we had in some cases.

"I can't believe you persuaded me to come with you kids." My father was reluctant to come visit Mother in the Castle since he hasn't seen her face to face in years. They sent letters every week and pictures from the sheikah slate every holiday or birthday.

But they never met up.

"It's okay Father, Mother hasn't sent Sheik a denial of my demand so she must be wanting to see you and  the twins." He looked at me for a second and smiled.
Throughout the few days I spent in Zora's Domain I had gotten to know my Father. He's kind, funny, laidback and according to Bazz the Captain he used to be a joker of sorts.

And a romantic, but only to one woman.
My mother of course .

It made me happy that my parents were still in love but it's sad that they held themselves back for the safety of their beloved children. Mother took me since I have her sealing powers and Father took the twins as they're both Zora royals. I am too, but I have a Hylian body.

Since I have been found out as being the Crown Prince of Hyrule I was able to put back on my uniform of sorts. I actually like it since Mother made sure the materials used were soft and comfortable.
My crown was back on my head and it felt unfamiliar now since I hadn't had it on for a while, the dark red gemstone felt heavy and the gold shaped leafs were cold against my skin. Ruto seemed to like it on me though and she asked if she could have one too when she didn't want her Zora one.

"Lord Keiran, was your trip okay?" On the small cliff to my right Sheik was getting up from his resting position.

"It was fine thank you." I motioned to my siblings,
"These are my younger siblings who would have the Royal status in Hyrule too so please look out for them until they get their appointed knights." Sheik just nodded and shook their hand so I then introduced my Father as King Sidon of Hyrule and Zora's Domain, he looked at me with a thankful look.
No one really knows my father as the King of Hyrule anymore so I will make sure that it's introduced again.

"Keiran you don't have to say that..." he put his large hand on one of my broad shoulders and smiled.
"You've grown up into a fine man, just like me if I do say so myself." He gave a toothy grin and me and the twins just shook our head.

"Nice to finally meet you Sire." Sheik bowed before continuing.

"Lord Keiran I was granted permission to loan Lord Link and Lady Zelda's horses for the prince and princess here. They're quite excited to meet you." As expected Ruto nearly fell back in glee. I held her back as she gave a grin that looked just like my mothers.

"Wow...I've never been on a horse though..." Ralis walked up to the large caramel horse and stroked its white mane. He was with Link's horse Epona, it's the one my uncle had.

"It's fine, the horses are well trained you'll get the hang of it. Plus if you're related to Queen ___, horse riding will be easy."
With that statement Sidon laughed and we all looked at him questioningly.

"I'm sorry, I just remembered how ___ was the best rider in all Hyrule. The mans not lying kids, you must know her well then Sheik."

I loved how my Father remembered every bit of mother and I just hoped Mother was this enthusiastic about Father and the twins.

~~~~~~~~~~~TIME SKIP!!!~~~~~~~~~~

Ah, the familiar gates at the end of  Castle town came into view. All the villagers were cheering and welcoming me home, they are very kind to our family. Most adults and older members of the town were gasping in shock at Sidon's appearance. They must've thought him and my mother were on bad terms but his appearance made them thoughts go away.

My father owns a horse, it was a gift apparently from Mother. As I watched him guide the reigns I saw the silver wedding ring on his left hand. I was getting too excited.

"May we take your horses Milord?" I went to look at the guard who was talking but they were bowed at my father. Mothers doing I bet, the look of shock through his face was brilliant. My mother gave out them orders for him to be treated as the king he rightfully was and he only now realised it.

"Uh-yes please. Ralis, Ruto give away the horses now." Father jumped down from his overly large horse and handed it to the very small in comparison knight. Sheik took my horse as I walked through the bowing knights and guards.

Finally. I'm home.

"Did you miss this place?" I turned to look at Ralis who was admiring the architecture...along with Ruto.

"Very much so. I think I just want the fruit cake the chef makes to be honest." My hand naturally went to the back of my neck out of embarrassment and Ralis just let out a chuckle.

"This place is better than any book descriptions." Ruto mumbled to herself and I shook her lightly on the shoulders.

"Earth to Rutooo? Come on, this is your home too you know?" I rubbed her small shoulders, she was smaller than me I didn't think she would be to be honest. Her hand lifted up to my one on her shoulder and she squeezed it firmly, letting out a squeal of delight.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"KEIRAN!!!" I knew that voice all too well. Looking up to the balcony on the west wing I saw my cousin Zelda shouting and waving. Her long sleeves were blowing in the wind.

I grinned at her and waved back, she then spotted Ruto.

"AHH!! YOU MUST BE RUTO! WAIT- DONT GO IN YET IM COMING DOWN!" Her blonde hair was tied up in a bun with her small tiara shining in the sunlight. Her small frame could be seen running down the steps near her room and onto the grounds.

"We missed you Keiran!" She hugged me, her small head was resting on my chest as I'm quite tall compared to her. I just rubbed her back and pulled her back smiling.

"Where's Lin-" before I could continue my question on where her brother was she was hugging Ruto and talking about how much she had wanted another 15 year old girl in the palace. Zelda gets on like a house on fire with my mother but still, you need someone of your own age.

"I-It's so nice to meet you!..." was all Ruto could breathe out since Zelda had her arms wrapped tightly around her waist.

They giggled and talked the whole way through the castle.

—————————————————-
NEXT CHAPTER OUT!

You're welcome haha. I love writing this I'm so glad I can. Thanks for reading!