Chapter 23

Lexi's POV

Kevin and I decided to watch a movie.... The Notebook. Halfway through the movie I started crying so Kevin held me close to him, but that didn't help.

"How about we go get some ice cream?" He asks, I nod weakly and follow him outside to his car.

Once we get to the ice cream shop I start to feel a little better.

"What flavor would you like, babe?" Kevin asks me, the worker smiles at us and waits for my answer.

"Strawberry?" I reply, the worker hands me my ice cream and Kevin pays for it.

We sit at a table close to the window. Yummy, strawberry.

"How's your ice cream?" He asks.

"Amazing. Thank you for taking me out and cheering me up."

"No [problem, babe." He says and smiles.

"Lexi I'm so so-" Someone says behind me but stops.

I turn around and face.... Michael.

"Lexi, I am so sorry. I should have listened to you. Baby, please give me another chance. I.... I love you." Michael confesses.

He loves me? Do I love him? He walked out on me! Should I give him another chance?

"Michael, I accept your apology but I can't give you a second chance. I just need to clear my head." I tell him and walk out of the ice cream shop and into Kevin's car.

Kevin gets in the car and drops me off at home. I crash on my bed and stare at the blank TV. My phones starts ringing, I pick it up and answer.

"Hello?"

"Hello. Is this Lexi Wiles?" The lady on the other line asks me.

"Yes, who is calling?" I ask into the phone.

"This is Hennery Ford Hospital and I'm sorry to inform you that your friend, Emma Hypen has gotten into a car accident and didn't make it." The lady tells me.

"Th-thank you." I tell her and hang up.

"Shit!" I yell and burry my face in my hands. Why does this shit happen to me? Why now? What the hell! Ugh, fuck.

I get off the couch and run into the bathroom, I reach under the sink and find the bag of boxes and boxes of cigarettes. I pull out two packs and grab a lighter. Time to calm down.

I walk outside and onto the back porch, I open a box and pull out a cig, I light up and inhale the smoke. I exhale and take another hit.

After my second pack, I figure that's enough and watch as the stars come out and light up the sky. I hear the front door open and slam shut.

"Aunt Cassie?" I shout but get no response.

I get up and walk into the house, Michael is sitting on the couch.

"Michael. What the hell are you doing here?" I ask him, he looks up at me and smiles.

"Lexi! Baby! please take me back! I lovvveee you! You're my world!" He slurs.

Great. I have a drunken Michael in my house.

"Michael, go to sleep." I tell him and pull a blanket over his body.

"But I can't." He whines.

"Why can't you go to sleep?" I ask him and kneel down beside him.

"Because, I can't sleep without my princess in my arms." He replies and smiles at me.

"You're going to be the death of me." I sigh and lay on the couch next to him.

Michael raps his arms around my waist and kisses my neck.

"Goodnight Michael." I say.

"Goodnight, my princess." He says and falls asleep.

What am I going to do?

_____________________________-

Like!

Comment!

Vote!

Share!