Chapter 42 - To Protect

A few days later...

Famille' begins to act, united, to protect the children.

But...

"For now...we need to find a place the children can transfer together to..." worried Tegemi

"But, the orphanage...has about 50 children." Said Raika

"The place we need will have to take many people." She continued

"....basically we need to ask the government for help." Exclaimed Kasumi

Yet another day.

"I investigated in detail about the redevelopment construction..."

"The orphanage demolition can no longer be changed."

"They can't even shift the time of demolition." Said Tegemi who's visibly worried.

"Uggh! Those jerks at the construction site!" blurted Miyoko.

"Miyoko, don't get so mad at them, I bet they're just doing their jobs since they'd been in contract to whoever ordered them." Said Rei,

(Rei is right, it's the Hinoma group, and they'd probably pulled some strings to get the Mayor to sign the order for the demolition of the orphanage.)

"After all, it looks we can't affect the redevelopment construction, either."

(Oh Yomiko, her fund raising concert was a success though I didn't do any good since the private company won't accept it on legal terms.)

(This is not going very well, Kenta's favor and the money I have left was my final option but it didn't solve the problem since the local government is now involve,frustrating it maybe but I'm against a multi billion dollar company, they exploited some loophole on the system and made my payment null.)

Everyone is doing everything they can for the children.

But, this is our first time with such a situation, and honestly, we don't know what to do.

One day...

"T-Tegemi! Th-there's a guest at the entrance!" said Rei as she run towards the living room while me and Tegemi and the other members of the Famille' are having a meeting.

"A guest?"

"Are you expecting someone today?"

"N-no..i wonder who it is?"

As we come to the entrance wondering who it is,

Tegemi and I unconsciously gasp.

"Oh!"

"You're...."

"It's been a while, Tegemi..."

"D-Dad?!"

The sudden visitor is Tegemi's foster father.

Surprised,we spread into the living room, and sit facing each other.

"Uh..here's some tea sir."

"Thank's Reimako."

"Dad, why are you here?"

Drinking the tea Rei offered, her father answers.

"Tegemi, the area near the orphanage you were in has been under redevelopment lately."

"Y-yeah..."

"I got curious about the facility, and asked met with the head mistress...she told me everything that is happening."