CHAPTER 44 - FOREVER RAIN

Namjoon's POV

My heart... Poor you...

"Joon you don't have to drive me to work." Y/N said as we walk into my car.

"I want to. Don't worry I'll just drop you off." I said driving off.

"For sure. You wouldn't go out looking like that. Ppft." She laughed.

I look at my pink shirt and glared at her.

"So, what's your plan?" I ask.

"Plan about what?" She asked back.

"Hoseok..." I said.

"I don't know..." She said looking down at her hand. "I mean, he probably doesn't have plans about us. We're already over anyway."

"Well it's not over until you both move on." I stopped in front of the café where she works at.

"Well Namjoon, it's over. He moved on. It's me who's the problem." She said removing her seatbelt. "Thanks for driving me here Joon. Drive home safely." I nod at her.

She jumps out of the car and wave while I drive away.

*BTS Dorm

"Namjoon-ah, Y/N might ask you out on a drink soon." Hoseok said as soon as I walk past him.

"Why would she do that?" I turned to face him.

"She's probably stressed because of me." I remember Y/N telling me how she ended up with him this morning.

"If you and her have problems, I would rather keep quiet and let the two of you make up yourselves." I said leaving him at the corridor.

"I can't. Not right now." He said while following me. "That's why I'm letting you take care of her even though I'm dying here from being so jealous."

"What?" I faced him again.

"I know Namjoon. You've been by her side since the first day we broke up. And I know that you like her. What's the point of being your best friend if I don't know these kinds of things? I'm not blind." He said.

"Don't get it wrong Hobi. Both of you are my friends. I'm taking care of here because you can't." Yes, I like Y/N but that's not enough reason for me to try and steal her from him. She's not a thing.

"Y/N likes you, you know that." He said making my heart skip a beat. "She trust and relies on you."

"If that's the case, she would've chosen me over you." I stare at him. How I wish she would choose me.

"Right." He tried to hide his smile but I already saw it.

"Don't brag. It's annoying." I said.

Hoseok just laugh. "Yah, Namjoon, just in case she does ask you for a drink, don't say no."

"I never say no to her anyway." I said before leaving him.

"By the way, I like your outfit." I heard him say but I did not look back. 

This is so embarassing.

----------

Y/N's POV

*calling Namjoon* 30 minutes before closing the café

"Hey Joon..." I said when he picked up his phone.

"Yeah? Are you finally asking me for a drink?" He said from the other line.

"What? No! Why would you think I would ask you that?" I laugh.