A Look Into Ikari and The Upcoming Sports Festival (Retyped)

Any feedback would be appreciated, whether it's for complimenting the story, pointing out something wrong, asking a question, or to give out a suggestion.

Join my Discord Server to show you're appreciation! https://discord.gg/NjxWgY6

_______________________________________

~{Day After USJ Incident}~

"What is it this time Nezu?" Enso asked as he walked into his office and slid the door closed.

Nezu looked up from his desk and smiled, "Ah, Enso. Please, take a seat."

Ens complied and sat on a chair in front of the principal's desk, remaining still as he listened silently.

Nezu folded his hands, "I wish to ask you about something."

"Yes?"

"You were the one that finished that monster, the Nomu it was called, correct?"

Enso could have a feeling of where this is going, looking down. "Yes... Because of its regeneration functions and absurd abilities, I had no choice but to slice at its brain an hope that it would cut off its connections from the rest of its body, which did indeed work."

"I see..." Nezu's smiled faded, "Tell me, what was it that you were thinking about at that moment, what were your very thoughts?"

Enso went back to that moment, where he remembered both of Nezu's statements to him again.

"I remembered what you said. I had to prioritize saving the students, but you also didn't wish for me to take any lives."

Nezu nodded, "So why did you kill the Nomu then?"

Enso raised his head, narrowing his eyes at the principal. "That Nomu... That thing wasn't even 'alive'. It had no mind of its own, it didn't react to pain, it wasn't able to love, get angry, sad, or anything like that. It was just an emotionless, broken down heap of meat at that point, there wasn't anything 'alive' about it. So... I can't say that I killed it, it was already dead."

Nezu was silent as he spun his chair so that the back of it was facing Enso, as if thinking about what to do.

"Under normal circumstances, I would've most likely reported you to the other heroes for murder, but this is different."

Enso raised an eyebrow.

"You're somewhat right about the Nomu, it was just a puppet, a doll. One with no sense of its own will, one that wasn't living at all. In a courtroom, you may even be able to get away with destroying it because of self-defense and arguing that it was a human being at that point so..."

He turned back to Enso, the tiniest of smiles in the corner of his mouth.

"I would say you got lucky with your choice. You listened to me about saving the students, while also finding I guess a 'loophole' in what I've said to you before."

Enso listened.

"But tell me..." The principal turned back to face Enso with a serious look on his face. "If that Nomu was indeed, human, then what would you have done?"

Enso looked down in silence, thinking about the question.

"Then I would've kept fighting. Fighting until I beat him, or someone else does."'

Nezu smiled, "Good. You should always have faith in yourself and in your fellow peers."

Enso couldn't help but feel like the conversation was going to connect to Nezu referring to him as a hero, so he changed the subject.