Night One of Camp

Hey everyone, I'm back! Yeah, yeah, I know that many of you have been waiting for a new chapter for so long and I've kind of extended the day that I would post it. But all I gotta say is... life's a problem. Things always come up, I get distracted, and sometimes I even get lazy or lose self-confidence to write. Hopefully extending publish times won't be a thing, but hey, I'm a senior that's going to get into college soon so anything can happen. Thank you to all of those that have stuck it out with me so far and I hope you understand if I have to take time sometimes. Have a nice reading!

________________________________________________________________

"Thanks for the food!" Izuku shouted with glee as he clapped his hands together.

Both classes were in the camp cafeteria, sitting on benches and awestruck by the amount of delicious looking food that was on the table. After going through the forest for what seemed to be hours for their first day at camp, they were finally able to compensate for their troubles, scarfing down all the food they could eat.

Izuku had sat at the middle of a table that had most of his friends, from Iida, Todoroki, and Shinso, to some of the girls sitting around as well, with Momo sitting on Izuku's right side and Ochako sitting on his left. Ikari was beside Izuku while he ate, watching the food on the table curiously and at times looking overhead at everyone else energetically eating. After simply watching everyone in silence for a while, Ikari poked Izuku with one of his claw like fingers, getting the boy's attention.

"Hrmph?" Izuku turned to Ikari with his mouth full, chewing as he waited to hear what his friendly demon looking partner wanted.

"Partner... Could I try some food?"

Izuku took a few moments to chew his food and swallow it, before then looking up at Ikari.

"Ikari, last time you tried food you couldn't even taste it. It literally just disintegrated before you could even chew."

"It doesn't hurt to keep trying! Just a little piece would be good!" Ikari whined.

Momo smiled at Ikari's behavior, "I don't really see the harm in it. We have more than enough food to spare after all."

"Well, I guess that's true." Izuku muttered as he picked up a piece of grilled beef with his chopsticks, tossing it into the air up to Ikari's level. Ikari snatched the beef out of the air with his mouth, his jagged looking mouth chomping down.

"He resembles a pet when he feeds him that way..." Momo and the other students around Izuku thought awkwardly from this action.

Nobody saw Ikari chew, for right after he had taken the beef, a loud sizzling sound was made and then suddenly stopped as quickly as it came.

"Well?" Izuku asked Ikari with a hint of curiosity, knowing that Ikari's attempt had failed.

Ikari was silent for a few moments, before then looking down in a depressed manner, "No... It just disappeared again..." Ikari formed his body into a ball with only his red eyes shining and plopped onto the table in a fit of depression.

"D-Don't lose hope! I'm sure you'll taste food one day!" Ochako tried to reassure him.

"Yeah, don't worry! This food doesn't even taste that good!" Mina lied, hoping that Ikari wouldn't be too sad about his lack of taste.

"This food is so good, It's as if it's melting my mouth!" Kaminari yelled as he scarfed down some curry in the next table.

Ikari looked even more depressed after hearing that, apparently melting and trickling onto the ground as a puddle.