Before The Showdown (Retyped)

"Go Dark Shadow!"

"On it!" Dark Shadow yelled as he emerged out of Tokoyami and headed straight for Mina.

"Eh!?" Mina frantically threw balls of acid at Dark Shadow, not even knowing if it would affect the sentient figure.

"Swerve! Swerve!" Dark Shadow shouted as he moved out of the way of the incoming projectiles.

He then used his own body to slam right into Mina's side, sending the girl back.

"See ya!"

"Ah!" Mina was sent flying back before landing on her butt just over the out of bounds line.

"Ashido is out of bounds! Tokoyami wins!" Midnight shouted as she raised her whip.

"He won in an instant too!?" Mineta exclaimed.

"Tokoyami's Dark Shadow is amazing." Tsu remarked.

Izuku watched as the next battle ended nearly as quickly as it started, as Tokoyami's Dark Shadow quirk easily avoided Mina's acid and knocked her out.

Mina got up visibly frustrated, but when she saw Izuku staring down at her, she put on a fake smile and quickly ran off.

"I would go to cheer her up, but there's only the fight between Kacchan and Kirishima left before the semi-final rounds start."

He looked down in deep thought about his upcoming battle. The battle that Izuku considered even more important than the struggle to win the entire sports festival.

His long-awaited fight against Enso.

Izuku raised up his right arm in front of himself, mentally comparing the power and training he had against Enso's experienced self.

He clenched his hand into a fist as he thought about how Enso's Brute Style Barrier.

"I'm able to use about 10% of One For All just fine during this festival. Quite the upgrade compared to the 5% I've been using before. But Enso's Brute Style was able to take hits from that Nomu at USJ I've heard, but my strength isn't up to that..."

And that led Izuku to one thought.

"It won't be enough..."

Ochako heard him mumbled and turned to him. "What?"

"10% won't be enough..." Izuku mumbled again.

Momo turned to him too. "What was that, Izuku?"

Izuku stood up in his seat.

"My battle is next after this, so... I'm gonna go use the restroom and get ready."

He turned and started walking off.

"Wait, Deku!" Ochako called after him.

Izuku turned back. "Yeah?"

Ochako smiled at him. "Good luck. I know you can do it."

Momo smiled as well, "I believe you can beat him as well, Izuku."

The boy couldn't help but smile at that.

"Thank you. I'll make sure to win!" He then left.

When he disappeared from sight, Ochako turned to Momo with a somewhat concerned expression, "Do you think he's nervous?"

Momo sighed. "I know he is... He's going up against Enso after all. He may even be just using this moment to get himself ready."

"Heh, I wouldn't be surprised if he was."