Settling Matters (Retyped)

"No."

Enso's response seemed to freeze time itself, with Izuku left frozen in his bowing position. At the same time, Emerald remained behind the green boy, staring up at the new human curiously without movement.

It wasn't until after five seconds after his declaration that a leg swung at him, to which Enso had to jump back to avoid.

And when he landed, he looked ahead to see Izuku with a flexible leg up along with a murderous glare on him.

Which only lasted for a few seconds before it changed to a surprised look.

"Ah, sorry." He lowered his leg and coughed into his fist. "Natural reaction."

"Hell of a natural reaction..." Enso sweatdropped, standing up but ready for another attack to come his way.

"Let me try that again."

Izuku closed his eyes and took a deep breath, then put his hands together in front of his face in a praying motion.

"What-"

He then pointed them at Enso.

"-the FUCK do you mean no?"

Enso merely responded with an exasperated sigh as his index and thumb rubbed his closed eyes.

"Izuku, you didn't seriously come to me and somehow expect me to fix Uraraka's financial situation, did you?"

"I did! I thought you'd know exactly what to do! Haven't you been gambling!?" Izuku retaliated as Emerald curiously started to wander off on his own.

Enso pinched the bridge of his nose. "Izuku, I lost any opportunity to go gambling the moment my face was shown at the sports festival, no doubt resulting in everyone getting the implication that I'm a minor."

"But didn't you get rich gambling before that!?"

He rolled his eyes. "Not even close. All the money I've earned went into renovating this dojo. The spending funds I have left are for any outings, whether mine or yours, like your date with Mina. I don't have the money to prevent a whole construction company from going bankrupt. Do you know how much that'd be? Besides, I stopped gambling even before the school year started since Toshinori offered to pay for any other expenses I needed."

Izuku blinked at a certain part of Enso's words, to which a hopeful look of realization stuck to his face as he punched into his palm.

"That's it! All Might!"

"Won't work."

"What!? Why not!?" Izuku looked baffled at the immediate rejection.

"You might be surprised, but when Toshinori lent me money before, he mentioned that he has much less money than you'd assume he'd have. I doubt it's enough to keep a whole company from going bankrupt without inconveniencing himself."

"Eh!? But he's the number one hero! Shouldn't he be rich!?!"

Enso shook his head. "Not when he always give it away to charities or communities that need it."

"A-All Might..." Izuku had his hands over his mouth with tears waterfalling in admiration, reminding himself how honored he was to be the number one hero's successor.

But he suddenly shook his head side to side with his panic returning.

"Wait, then what are we supposed to do!?!"

Enso shrugged. "We? It was you who said you'd fix her situation."

Izuku grasped his head and looked down in hopelessness. "B-But my financial situation isn't that good either..."