Finding love again

Prompt

Can you write a one shot about Jennifer and Harshad finally accepting their feelings and agreeing to start dating

By
Krystal80

Enjoy!

***

Jennifer hurried the girl draping her saree for tonight's scene. She smiled a little shaking her head when the girl infront of her asked if she needs a refill for her coffee. For few days now shooting was a little hectic, they had to work for hours at end even pulling all nighters last week. Everyone was tired and looking like a zombie minus the makeup. But still everyone was as enthusiastic as day one to bring the best on the screen. And Jenny loved working with such lovely cast.

But the reason for her tiredness was much more than hectic schedule. It was her now co-star Harshad Chopda.

Full of smiles, a little shy and the most honest person Jennifer has ever meet in the industry. His shyness was something that attracted her towards him, that built a sense of comfort with him in mere few days of meeting him. Something that never happened to her with any of her co-star.

Her platonic feelings towards her co-star started changing colors rapidly and sent her shocks when one day she found herself looking at his mouth more than his eyes. The realization striking to her at most uncomfortable times, an interview.

Getting scared of her feelings she started spending more time with others on the set. Started spending more time with her friends out of the show to gain back her sense of self that she seemed to loose everytime he was in visible distance from her.

She doesn't want to fall for someone. Heck she never thought she would ever fall again in love so easily, that too with her co-star.

She did everything to keep herself away from him. To the point he started noticing it that something was wrong with her.

He threatened, had a spat with her but she remained poised. Taking all his questions as a joke. She tried to be with him like before, joking with each other, talking at lengths and she did managed a little. Because everytime his fingers would brush hers, goosebumps would appear sending her heart into frenzy.

She doesn't know why she had this feelings for him. He was so different from a man she can ever like. He was not a social animal, more of a calm yet mischievous person at the same time. But there was something in him that just mesmerized her, other than his acting ofcourse. She could say he was the best she had ever worked with apart from her senior actors.

She picked up her script and began going through it as the girl adjusted her dupatta and made last minute adjustments. Her eyes went over Harshad's lines but nothing was been registered in her brain as his last words came to her mind.

"Jenny, I dont want to do this "

"Do what Harsh?"

"Tum jaanti ho mai kis baarein mai baat kar raha hu. We need to talk."

Her heart skipped a beat she knew very well what he was talking about. She wasnt that sway with her actions towards him and he had quickly caught on to her change of behavior especially when they shot the mangtika scene and the ring scene.

Their closeness had rattled not just her but him as well. Leaving both of them silent for seconds as both of them tried to calm their hearts down. Their fingers shivering with a jolt of energy after being clasped together for so long.

She knew he knew about her feelings towards him. And for the first time she felt short and fragile.

"Jenny! Come on shot is ready!"