love is in the air

Prompt by Diyaharshad (sorry for getting it out sooo late dear)

Prompt by
Diyaharshad (sorry for getting it out sooo late dear)

Warning ⚠ - mature 18 + only!
***

It's past 8:00 pm as Jennifer reaches her house. They had decided to switch into a new apartment after their marriage. And Jennifer had loved the thought so much. It was not his or her apartment, this was their apartment-a mixture of both of them. Her 'fine styling' as Harshad puts it and his simplicity, both blended together very well. And she loves their apartment so much, loves to come home.

She smiles as she comes out of the lift thinking about what he must be upto. She had told him that she will be back in less than half and hour, but now she was coming two hours late. She wasn't worried at all though, Harshad is the most sensible and understanding man in the world. But she knows for sure, she shouldn't take this precious quality of his for granted.

She grins at the rose in her hand, she had stopped by on her way wanting to give him something as a sorry for coming so late.

Her grin grew into a whole big smile as she reached her door and could here Breezer's bark with Harshad's voice "Stop eating that or mom will take my class!"

She chuckled at his dialogue while pushing the key into the lock. She could have rang the bell but she wanted to watch the scene going inside and it will surely get disturb by her.

She walks inside, softly closing the door and is hit with a delicious smell of food. Her heart fluttering that her husband already prepared dinner for them.

Toeing of her heels slowly she comes inside setting her handbag and car keys on the small table in the hallway. She pauses at the scene in front of her, putting her palm on her mouth not to laugh out as she sees Harshad and Breezer both on the couch watching what looks like cartoon on the TV, more like Harshad watching as Breezer had his eyes closed.

My adorable boys , she thinks.

She holds the rose tightly tip toeing behind Harshad to surprise him. Just as she is about to place her hands on his eyes he catches them.

"You are here" he smiles before turning to look up at her. She pouts which Harshad finds extremely adorable as she says "How come you know, every bloody time?!"

"As I told you before Jenny, I can just  sense you" she makes a face at the incredible cheesy line that makes him laugh loudly, making Breezer jolt out of his sleep.

His eyes look down at the rose she is holding and he smirks up at her, eyes twinkling with mischief she quickly understands "Don't make that face Mrs. Chopda. Bring rose for me, who is cheesy now?"

A blush quickly spreads on her cheeks both at his statement and because he calls her by his name. She still hasn't got used to him calling her that, her heart always hammering whenever he calls her like the very first time he did.