at my cost

Prompt ^

By _Dreamy__girl_

Enjoy!

***

"Brother, how was your flight?? We had discussed I will come to pick you up? Where were you?" Arjun looks worriedly as he enters the Hooda house to see his older brother in his pilot uniform sitting at the bar swirling his drink.

Aditya turns around at his brother's voice and smiles at him a little" I am sorry Arjun. I had just gone to refresh.
"

" You were at the club again Arjun states, not bothering to ask as he can just tell by Aditya's face and his words.

It hurts him to see his brother in this state but he knows he can't do anything about it. No one can, except for one person who is no longer in their lives

"Yes I was" Aditya sarcastically replies rolling his eyes while taking another drink.

"And you are drinking that right now"

This time Arjun's tone is accusatory and it makes Aditya's blood boil. He hates when his little brother uses that tone with him, makes him feel like he is committing some mistake.

"Why? Is there any rule written that if I have a drink in club I can't have one at home." he bites back in defense.

Arjun only walks towards him covering the distance between them as he replies, very worried about his brother's state. He knows his brother is not an alcoholic but is trying to loose himself. And he fears one day he won't ever get his brother back.

"No, but it is recommended if you have more than one drinks in the club you usually don't at home." he reasons out cautiously knowing his brother might blow up.

Aditya on the other hand shakes his head, turning to his front and fills his glass to half as he says" Blah blah...people always say stupid stuff"

"Why are you waisting your life like this?" Arjun can't help but ask, unable to hold back anymore.

"Arjun, I am not an alcoholic. You don't have to start with your lecture. I just drink... Occasionally"Aditya states confidently and yes, he is right he is not crazy or alcoholic but Arjun only gives him a sarcastic smile, knowing how his brother just went around his question.

Aditya Hooda is smart but then again Arjun Hooda is a defense attorney.

"I know that. But that's all you work like a crazy person and go to club whenever you are free." he points out to his stunt earlier and at his drink hoping this time around his brother listens. Although having being through this conversation a number of times already, he has an inkling this will also be a lost cause.

" Stop it Arjun! "Aditya's voice raises, done with his brothers lecture as the reason behind his state starts surfacing piercing of what is left of his heart.

" No, when was the last time you were with a girl. "Arjun is not backing down, not today.

" You want to know?"Aditya smirks, insuiating his latest sexcapde.

" Like two hours ago.. "he answers anyway making Arjun narrow his eyes at him.

" Not that. When was the last time you were really with a girl and felt good about it. And wanted to take it forward. "

" If you're hinting at love. Then you very well know there is nothing like that in my life. And there never will be." Aditya states and Arjun sighs. His next words piercing Aditya's heart.

" It's been three years brother - "arjun is cut by Aditya who slams the glass on the table in front looking right in his eyes, intimidating him, daring him to argue.