comfort me

It is one of those days. Days that are very rare , only occur once in a while. A day when everything feels miserable , she feels miserable.

Today is that day.

Zoya woke up with a headache, that only got worse when she heard her baby cry through the monitor. Feeling absolutely sick she dragged her legs out of the bed throwing her bedsheet away. She stood up making her way out of the room towards the crying voice as she ran her fingers through her long waves. Its been more than three weeks of staying up late, barely getting any sleep plus all the functions taking place at their new house, from housewarming to new baby celebration. Zoya is sick, which is not a problem at all as she is been feeling sick since four days now. She thinks it was all building upto today the movement she steps inside the small baby room, slightly feeling dizzy.

Rubbing her eyes she shakes her head trying to find some strength in her as she watches her baby boy wail. She picks him up humming a tune and sits in the chair ready to feed him. She feels like a robot, all her actions quick and well rehearsed having been doing this for sometime now. She knows from the cries what her baby wants and now she doesn't have to think, everything comes to her naturally.

She yawns a little as she hums looking at her baby as he quickly latches on to her filling his tummy up. Her lips curve into a soft smile as she rubs her thumb on his chubby cheek, sliding it up to his soft forehead before patting his head as she hums.

After what feels like hours Rihaan is sleepy, curling in her arms his small fingers latched to her gown. She stands up and shuffles to his crib gently laying him down trying hard not to sneeze. She quickly walks out of the room not wanting to spread any germs to her baby. She wants to nothing but sleep as she feels dead from inside with her head heavy and her nose starting to run.

She has never been the one to handle her sickness well. As a matter of fact it is the worst feeling in the world and she absolutely hates it. Her mood swings are the worst, worse than the one's she had during her pregnancy. She enters her room wanting to nothing but curl up in a ball and lay down for the rest of the day. She walks towards her bed and stops not really wanting to get in knowing Aditya will only curl up against her. She is not sure she is going to like it today.

Still she slips in sliding far away from him and tries to wrap herself in the blanket as she feels cold. Closing her eyes she prays to fall in a deep slumber.

It feels like ages that she moves slowly coming out of her slumber with a groan as her entire body feels heavy and hurts. All her joints feel cramped and she rolls in her sheets whimpering as her headache gets worse. She spreads her arm looking for the warmth she desperately needs, only to find no one beside her. She opens her eyes slowly, the action giving her more headache only to find Aditya absent. With a sigh she moves to his side of the bed, smashing her face in the pillow hoping that his smell will comfort her because she has no idea where he has gone.

She lets out a frustrated cry as his scent doesn't make her feel better and she sits in her bed staring off as her mind register movements outside her room. She lets out a groan as her maid enters the room "Zoya ma'am .."

She scrunches her eyes and nose holding her head "What is it Naina? Please leave me alone."

The maid gulps nervously and replies "Aditya Sir has told me to give you a message. He has taken Rihaan baba out for a walk and will be back in sometime. Do you want me to serve your breakfast to your room, Ma'am?"

Zoya only shakes her head, the idea of a breakfast making her nauseous and her mood slowly sliding south as she learns Aditya is not there. She waves the maid off saying "I dont want anything .Please leave me alone."