I will never leave you

prompt ^ @anvtt1993 ( a short one and honestly I don't know about this...but here it is. I hope you enjoy it!)

***

The party is in full swing, everyone dancing all over the apartment that Jennifer thinks neighbors will call them to complain. Her eyes wanders to everyone, a smile forming on her face as she sees her friends dancing like crazy already tipsy. Her eyes involuntarily for the umpteenth time of the night, move towards the clock as she walks towards the balcony. Worried at this weird feeling churning in her stomach from the moment she had left her house. Pulling out her phone from her jeans pocket she redials his number again only for it to go miss increasing her worry more.

"Jenny chill he will come soon" her bestfriend, Naihal comes pulling her hand almost falling on her.

Jenny chuckles still in distress as he should have come by now. He had promised that he would reach by 9 and it was already fifteen minutes past 10. She steadies her friend as she sighs "I - I know.."

Seeing her glum expression Naihal's smile fades away. It has been since forever now that she has seen her bestie looking sad. She clasps Jennifer's hand in hers as she asks "What happened babe? I have not seen you so worried before?"

"Nothing yaa-" Jennifer tries to pacify her shaking her, smiling a little only to stop as another voice joins them.

"Nothing has happened. I think Madam here has not had her special chat with her 'special someone'" Karan teases joining them and continues "Anyways, where is he and why didn't he come with you?"

She goes to say, her face remembering their earlier chat.

Karan raises his eyebrows as he teases singing "Trouble in paradise"

"Karan shut up!" Jennifer chides him as Naihal slaps his hand at that.

"Sorry" he pulls up as Jennifer answers with much serious tone now, bringing both of her friends attention.

"He had a shoot for magazine today because of which he was going to be late. So we decided I will come early and he will join later"

"Why are you so worried. He will come then, here have some food and calm yourself down. He might be on his way" Karan says pointing toward the plate in his eyes, trying to give her a bite.

She takes one uninterestingly and then starts, the not so good feeling in her gut increasing as she voices out her concern.

"I am. I just - I was on phone with him thirty minutes ago since he was already running late. He had packed up, but now from last ten minutes he is not answering his phone or even replying."

"He must be on his way Jen. You're worrying way too much. Come on join us, Ritvik has just started a game" Karan reasons guesting towards the their other friend who has apparently formed a circle around him, as Naihal smiles trying to appease her friend. smiling

"Yeah.." she smiles and walks behind Naihal who is basically dragging her back only to stop as her phone rings. She looks at it and guesters for them to go ahead showing her caller ID "You go ahead, I will take this"

Both of them nod at her as she answers "Hello"

Her smile falls as she listen to the other side, her heart skipping a beat as she cries gaining everyone's attention, especially her bestfriend "What?!"

"Which... Which hospital?! I-I am coming.." she stammers, tears blurring her vision as she cuts the call.

Her friend rushes to her and Jenny clutches her hand, crying "Nihal!"