Chapter 12*

Hey guys!!! Hope you enjoy this chapter and please remember to follow, vote, share, and comment!
- Carly
--------------------

*14 years old*

I sat at the kitchen table eating breakfast when I heard the front door open and slam shut. Rick and Shane walked in and I smiled at them. They looked at each other and looked back at me. They walk toward the table and they both took a chair from the table and turned it so they were sitting backwards. They both stared at me and waited until I finished chewing. "What?" I asked and they both smiled at me. "We are gonna teach you how to shoot a gun." Rick said and Shane looked at him. We both knew that Shane was a better shot than Rick but we didn't say anything. Shane actually wanted to be the instructor when they graduate the academy.

I sighed and finished up breakfast. "Just let me get ready and then I'll go." I said and they both nodded. I ran upstairs to my room and quickly got changed. I threw my hair into a ponytail and brushed my teeth and went back downstairs. I was met by only Shane. "Your mom asked Rick to go get something. He is gonna meet us there."He said and I nodded.

We got into his car and started driving towards the range. "You excited?" Shane asked and I smiled and nodded. I had wanted to learn to shoot when Rick had first gone to the range when he was 14. My dad took Shane and him and now Rick and Shane are gonna take me. "Well you understand that it's not a toy. It's meant to protect you and that's it. It's not a game." Shane started explaining to me and I nodded. "I know Shane. You and Rick explained this to me every time it wanted to learn to shoot. I'm old enough to understand that." I said and Shane looked over at me and smiled.

He looked as if he was proud of me, like I finally understood something. I rolled my eyes and he laughed. They were leaving for the police academy soon and my dad had a gun license for the house and they both wanted me to know how to use the gun in the house incase anything went wrong. They hate the fact that they won't be there to protect me while they are gone. It's not like I can't protect myself but I go along with it to give them piece of mind. I mean, I haven't lived in a house without one of them near me at all times. It gets pretty annoying sometimes but I love them both so much so I deal with it.

We finally got to the range and we walked in. Shane was greeted excitedly and I smiled. We walked in and he picked the gun under the counter that he had left here. He started explaining how to unload it and how to keep the safety on or off and a whole bunch of stuff. Rick showed up halfway through his lecture and was chiming in a bit if information.

It was finally time to test it out. They both took me to pick a bullseye and he set it up. Rick went to go get a drink and let Shane teach me how to stand. He told me to lock my arms to make sure the kickback didn't hit me. She stood behind me and held my arms out. "Alright, this one doesn't count. It's just so you get the feel of the gun." Shane said and he let go of my arms. I pulled the trigger and I hit right below the target.

He smiled an put his hands on my shoulders. "Your too tight. You've gotta loosen your tension." Shane said and I nodded. I relaxed slightly and pulled the trigger again. It hit the target right at the 25 mark. I smiled and looked back at Shane. He was smiling and Rick was right next to him.

The next shot I took hit the bullseye perfectly.