Chapter 31

Hey guys!!!

Sorry, I meant to update today but Netflix was down for some reason then I couldn't get into watt pad and ugh.....

Anyways, Hope you enjoy this chapter and please remember to follow, vote, share, and comment!

- Carly

--------------------

*Present Day*

I watched as Daryl stormed off. "Come with me." I heard Rick say and I looked over at him as he addressed Jim. "Where are you taking me?" He asked, slightly scared. "Somewhere safe." He said and they both walked into the RV. I sighed and put my hand over my stomach. My stomach swirled again and I quickly made my way to the edge of the forest again. I started gagging but nothing came up. I was kneeling down on the ground when a hand was rubbing my back. He pulled my hair out of the way so, incase I did puke, my hair wouldn't be in it.

I finally stopped gagging and looked up to see Shane was looking down at me concerned. "What has been going on with you? You've been getting sick a lot." He pointed out and I rolled my eyes. "The squirrels aren't agreeing with me I guess." I said and he sighed and nodded.

I stood up and brushed myself off. I walked back to camp and saw Daryl was killing already-dead walkers again. I sighed and walked over to him when I saw someone on the group who I was, in fact, happy to see. Ed had been killed during the attack and I know I should be glad that the asshole got what he deserved but as I watched Carol look down at his body, I couldn't help but feel bad for her. She lost her husband. Daryl stood next to me as she motioned for the pickaxe and Daryl handed it over.

She cried silently as she pulled it back behind her. She held it but them slammed it down into his head. I cringed slightly and Daryl looked over at me for a second. I watched as Carol drew back and slammed it into his head at least five more times and I finally intervened. I stepped closer as she just held the pickaxe while it was still in Eds head. She let go of it slightly and I grabbed it before it fell. I have he handle to Daryl and pulled Carol into a hug. She held me tightly and I knew she needed to do that. She needed to get all those years of anger and beating out of her system.

I walked Carol over to a chair and sat down next to her as she calmed down. I watched Amy and Andrea for a while and I stood up suddenly as I saw Amy's hand move. I watched as Amy grabbed Andreas hair and I silently pulled my gun out. Amy started to sit up and I saw Andrea had her gun in her hand and I knew she was gonna do it. I looked down as I put my gun away.

I stared at the dirt by my feet and waited. The gunshot rang all through camp and I took a deep breathe. I sat back down and Rick and Shane walked up to finish the graves that Jim had started. My eyes felt heavy and I sighed a little. I was just a little tired from not sleeping. Daryl asked me to come with him in his truck to take the bodies up to where Rick and Shane are. I got in the truck with him and we were off.

We got up there and Daryl immediately got out of the car. I stayed back and just listened to their conversation. "I still think it's a mistake not burning these bodies. That what we said we'd do. Burn 'em all." I heard Daryl say and I sighed and got out of the car. "At first." Rick said as he continued digging. "Chinaman gets all emotional, says it's not the thing to do, we just follow him along? These people need to know who the hell is in charge here. What the rules are." Daryl continued. "There are no rules." Rick said hastily and Lori quickly responded. "Well that's a problem. We haven't had one minute to hold on to our old selfs. we need time to mourn and we need to bury our dead. It's what people do." She said and I rubbed her back when she turned around.

The men started burying the dead and about halfway through it, my emotions gave way. I was crying as silently as I could and I don't even know why. I wasn't that emotional normally. I was standing next to Lori and Carl with Glenn on the other side. I turned slightly to look away and maybe get a hold of myself but Lori looked over and I knew at the sight of me crying, she would break too. I watched as a tear trailed down her face and I moved closer to her. I wrapped my arm around her and Carl and Carl turned and I smiled sadly. He had tears running down his face but I saw the same wall he had up when he tried to stay strong when Rick got shot.