Chapter 34

Hey guys!!!

I'm so sorry I haven't been on in so long! School stuff has been hectic! Ugh I miss you guys! Alright, on to the chapter!

Hope you enjoy this chapter and please remember to follow, vote, share, and comment!

- Carly

--------------------

*Present Day*

I pressed my hands on the dashboard as I saw the CDC approaching. "Oh shit. This place looks like hell." I heard Daryl say under his breathe and I nodded. There were hundreds of bodies on the ground. Daryl pulled the truck into park and pulled out the keys. "Be careful. Keep your gun out." Daryl said and I nodded. I got out of the car and closed the door as quietly as I could.

I met up with the group and kept my gun in my hand. The smell was outrageous. I gagged and I felt a hand on my lower back. Jacque had her hand on my back and was guiding me forward. "All right y'all. Keep moving. Go on. Stay quiet. Let's go." I heard Shane whisper. We kept walking forward and Daryl had moved closer towards me. He pulled the rag from the back of his pants and gave it to me. I covered my mouth and nose and it actually helped a little.

When we made it to the doors, they were shuttered down. Shane pounded his fist against the door but nothing happened. "There's nobody here." T said and I shook my head. "The shutters wouldn't be down." I said and I heard Daryl yell. "Walkers!" We all turned and watched as a single walker approached us. Daryl moved forward and shot an arrow into it's head. "You led us into a graveyard!" Daryl yelled as he walked quickly towards Rick. "He made a call." Dale said in his defense. "It was the wrong damn call!" Daryl said and I put my hand on his chest. Shane pushed him back further and I watched panicked that Shane would hurt him.

Shane yelled at Daryl. "Shut up! You hear me? Shut up. Shut up! Rick this is a dead end." Shane started and I saw a walker out of the corner of my eye. I quickly pulled out my knife and jogged over. I dodged his arms and thrusted my knife into his head. I ran back to the group to see them still arguing. "Fort Benning, Rick, still an option." Shane said. "We have no food, no water, no fuel. That's more than 100 miles." I said and everyone was still panicking. "125, I checked the map." Glenn chimed in and I nodded. "Forget Fort Benning, we need answers tonight, now!" Lori said as Carl cried. I leaned down to be his height and pulled him into a hug. I kissed his forehead and stood back up.

Everyone started heading back to the cars but I wasn't too keen. Someone was in there. Something caught my eye just as I turned and I stared at it. "The camera, it moved." Rick said and everyone turned back. "You imagined it." Dale suggested but I shook my head. "No he didn't, I saw it too." I said and Shane tried to persuade us that it doesn't mean anything. "If the camera is working that means that they still have power and someone is watching us right now. Some asshole is just watching." I said and Shane pulled Rick back.

Rick pushed him away and slammed his hand into the grate. "I know your in there. I know you can hear me. Please, we're desperate. Please help us, we have women and children, no food, hardly any gas left. There's nowhere else to go." Rick begged and I moved to the back of the group to defend from walkers. Daryl was by my side as everyone started yelling to get back to the cars. "Your killing us!!" Rick screamed and Shane literally threw him back.

There was a loud grinding sound and I turned back to face the CDC. Daryl was standing next to me and I gazed at the grate that was going up. There was a blinding light and I just stared.

Is this what it's like to die?