Chapter 43

Okay so apparently this hasn't even been here, it somehow deleted all the text but still left the chapter uploaded -_- okay well here is what should have been uploaded!!

Hey guys!

So I'm like so excited because walking dead is back and I can work on "Baby Sister" again!!!!

*Spoilers*

THAT FREAKING CARYL HUG WAS THE DEATH OF ME, I CRIED SO BAD AND THE GRIMES REUNION WAS PERFECT AND CARL WAS CRYING AND SO WAS RICK AND CAROL WAS SF BADASS AND UGH IM STILL FREAKING OUT!!!

*Spoilers over*

I've actually been watching American Horror Story and I gotta say.... ITS FANTASTIC!!! AND EVEN PETERS IS JUST UGH PERFECT!! Not as perfect as Carl/Chandler tho so it's okay! Hahaha

Okay well I guess I'll update now, hahaha. Hope you enjoy this chapter and please remember to vote, follow, share, and comment!! <3

-Carly

--------------------

Daryl actually woke me up this morning. He had taken my shift last night and his after so I knew he was bound to be tired. How can he not be? And now he has to drive? I just laid there as everyone was still waking up. The kids have been up with their mothers but some of the men had been able to sleep in. They would need to rest up because we were gonna be driving for a while. Once I was up, I helped everyone collect their things and we headed out to the cars. The women helped get all the stuff onto the cars we were taking and the men siphoned the gas and some other things we needed.

I was lifting box after box and I caught Daryl eyeing me up and I knew he wanted me to stop. I shouldn't be straining that much. I sighed and went to sit down. I sat on the grass and faced away from everyone. I heard footsteps from behind me and a tiny thump next to me. I was met by Carls bright blue eyes and I smiled and pulled him into a hug. He chuckled and I kissed his forehead.

It was almost time to go so people started packing into the cars. There was no room in the Cherokee and the RV was packed tight. I looked around and saw Daryl make eye contact. I guess I'm riding with Daryl again. I saw Shane watching Rick and Lori and I smiled. "Son, Let's saddle up." Dale yelled to Shane and he nodded. He followed inside and Daryl looked back at me. "Hold on, Natalie." He said and we were off.

With my arms wrapped around Daryl's waist, we just drove. It was a while. I laid my head against his back and he tensed up but eased within seconds. I could feel under my hands that he had taken a deep breath. I glanced up and there were dis guarded cars everywhere. I tightened my grip slightly and Daryl found a spot to turn back to the RV. Dale watched us as we made our way to his window. "See a way through?" He asked and Daryl glanced back and nodded. We drove past the Cherokee and Rick looked at me. I smiled sadly and his lips lifted slightly.

Daryl drove around and we were back in front of the RV. We navigated our way through the cars and I glanced into some of them. Some people didn't even make it out of the cars. There was scattered belongings and dead bodies everywhere and I just sunk my head into Daryl's back again. I heard a loud clanking noise and I quickly turned back. Did they hit something? I saw steam coming from the front of the RV and I sighed. I tapped Daryl's shoulder and he pulled to a stop. We both got off the bike and made our way towards the RV. "I said it. Didn't I say it? A thousand times. Dead in the water." Dale said and I sighed. I moved closer to Shane and he wrapped an arm around my shoulders. I snickered as he talked. "Problem, Dale?" "Oh, just a small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of..." Dale started and we all looked around.

Daryl has started rummaging through the back of a minivan. "Okay, that was dumb." Dale said and I snickered. "If you can't find a radiator hose here..." Shane said and I nodded slightly. This was the place to look. I mean, it's not like the walkers will use them. "There's a whole bunch of stuff we can find." Daryl said. "I can siphon more gas from these cars for a start." T said and I nodded, not thinking about that. "Maybe some food?" Carol suggested. "And water." Glenn said and I smiled slightly. This place is a gold mine, we could find so much here. "This is a graveyard." Lori said and I glanced over at her. There was a long silence so I decided to speak up. "No offense, but I don't think the walkers are gonna need it. Besides, if I was dead, I would want people to survive longer off of my things." I said and there was a dull murmur of agreements.

Everyone split up and I moved towards the other side of the scattered cars. I picked through the cars and found some clothes and I saw something that caught my eye. I opened the door slowly. There was a walker in the back seat but I think It was dead. I took out my knife and sunk it in his forehead. I smiled when I saw what his hand was wrapped around. A bow. A recurve to be exact. I gazed at the bow in amazement and I glanced around for the arrows. I hope there is at least one so I know how long to carve another. I had never shot a bow but I wished I could have. I saw an arrow in the trunk and I got out of the car and moved around. I saw Daryl duck down and stalk towards me and he motioned for me to get down. I leaned against the car and I heard it before I saw it. Moans filled the air and I gasped and crawled under the car. The bow was just in the seat of the open door. Shit. I saw feet, hundreds of feet. my breathing caught and I searched under the cars for anyone. I saw Rick, Lori, Carol, Sofia, and Carl but that's it. I kept searching but I didn't find Shane, Daryl, Glenn, Dale, and T. I held my hand over my mouth to try and control my breathing. I was laying on my back as I heard the moans get further and further away until they were finally gone. I looked out and saw Sofia was scampering away and there was a walker chasing here. I crawled out from under the cars and ran towards the group. I saw Rick follow her as she ran into the forest and I started after her.

I jumped over the rail and I heard Shane yell after me. I ran and ran for a while. I stopped and listened. I heard a lot of water splashing so I ran for the creek. I followed the creek for a while and it started to get darker. I followed the creek back up until I heard voices. I stopped and ducked down. "Shane, she understood me fine." I heard my brother say and I jumped out of the bushes I was hiding from and scared the hell out of the guys. Rick smiled and pulled my into a hug, same with Shane. Glenn had his hand on his chest and I chuckled. "Sophia?" I said and Rick looked down. I glanced at the ground. I sighed and Daryl found prints and we all followed.

We followed her tracks until Daryl stopped and said she veered off in another direction. "So what do we do? All of us press on?" Shane asked. "No, better if you, Glenn, and Nat get back up to the highway. People are gonna start panicking." Rick said and I looked up at him. "I know more about tracking then all of you, besides Daryl. Why do I have to go back? Why don't you go Rick?" I said and he looked at me. Daryl shook his head and Rick said no. I sighed angrily and stormed off towards the highway. I didn't stick around to hear what they said next.

I saw the highway in the distance and Shane jogged to catch up to me. He grabbed my arm and I tried to get out of his grip. "Hey Glenn, why don't you head on up to camp. We'll be up in a second." He said and I sighed. Glenn nodded and headed up. "What's your problem?" He asked and I looked up at him. "My problem?" What the hell are you talking about? I don't have a problem." I said and Shane raised his eyebrows. "Your so moody. One second your all happy and searching for a little girl and the next your pissed at everyone and you storm off. What the hell is going on with you?" Shane asked and I looked down. My eyes landed on my stomach but I didn't say anything. Is that what's making me moody? Is it this baby? Wait, I'm not even 100% positive I'm pregnant yet. I haven't taken a test yet so I'm not totally sure.

Shane pulled my head up and looked into my eyes. "What's the matter Nat?" He asked softly. My breathing sped up and I thought of what to say. Should I tell him? Should I tell him he might become a father? He deserves to know right? "I...." I started. "What?" He asked quietly.

"Shane, I think... I think I'm pregnant."