Chapter 25

Hey guys!!! Hope you enjoy this chapter and please remember to follow, vote, share, and comment!

- Carly

--------------------

*Present Day*

I woke up in my tent still pretty pissed off. My stomach started to swirl as I walked out of my tent and I ran to the edge of the forest. I threw up everything I had eaten and I felt someone rubbing my back. "It's okay Nat. Let it out. It's okay." Rick said as he rubbed my back and I leaned up once I was finished. I had drawn some attention to myself and I saw Shane looking at me concerned. I clenched my jaw and thanked Rick. I walked into the RV and asked Dale for a mint or something and he happily agreed.

They tried to make me lay back down but I insisted on watching the kids. That was my job and I wasn't gonna let something I ate stop me from helping. The kids and I sat at the edge of the forest when I heard rustling. I quickly shushed them and pulled out my knife.

I crawled threw the bushes to see a walker. I pushed Carl behind me and that caused the kids to panic. They all ran away yelling and the walker started to turn around. I tossed a rock at the tree behind him and he looked that way. He went back to eating the deer I had noticed and I stalked towards it very carefully. I held my knife up and was just behind it when an arm warped around my middle and a hand covered my mouth. I struggled slightly and it caused the walker to turn and face me. I started freaking out and Rick came over and slammed it in the head with a wooden post.

I threw myself away from Shane and Lori came over and wraped her arms around me. She held myself and Carl close as the men started beating the shit out of the walker. "It has to be the head." I said loudly enough but they chose not to hear me. Dale finally chopped the head off and they thought it was dead but I knew better.

Lori released me and walked pulled Carl back towards camp. I followed and sighed as the men stayed back. I was standing by the Rv when I heard a familiar voice. "Merle! MERLE!" He called and I looked over at Daryl. "Get your ugly ass out here. We got us some squirrel. Let's stew 'em up." He yelled and I sighed. I slowly walked forward as the men objected. "Daryl, just slow up a bit. I need to talk to you." Shane said and Daryl was looking at me. "About what?" He asked and I sighed.

Daryl stopped as Shane got closer. "About Merle. There a -- There was a problem back in Atlanta." Shane said and I stood next to Rick. He stood still as he watched it unfold. "He dead?" Daryl asked and Shane but his nail. "We're not sure." He answered and Daryl got pissed off. "He either is or he ain't." Daryl said and Rick started walking forward. I grabbed his arm but he just kept walking. "There is no easy way to say this so I'll just say it." "Who the hell are you?" Daryl asked and I knew this was gonna get bad.

I made eye contact with Lori and she dragged Carl into the RV. "Rick Grimes." Rick said and I placed my hands on my hips. I walked slowly up behind my brother. "Rick grimes. You got something you wanna tell me?" Daryl asked in Ricks face and Rick started. "Your brother was a danger to us all. So I handcuffed him to a roof, hooked him to a piece of metal. He's still there." Rick said and I was getting ready for Daryl to freak. "Hold on. Lemme process this. So you handcuffed my brother to a roof? AND YOU LEFT HIM THERE?" Daryl yelled and I looked into his eyes.

Rick nodded his head and Daryl threw the rope of squirrels he had over at him but he ducked. The rope didn't seem to be too polite to me. I fell over with the squirrels on top if me and Glenn came running over. He pulled them off and helped me up. Daryl was on the ground and I saw him pull his knife. "Watch the knife!" I yelled and he swung it at my brother. I started yelling at him to drop it when Shane put him in a headlock. My heart was racing and I felt Glenn put a hand around me. I sunk into him and he sat me down on the log. Daryl's eyes met mine and quickly moved to Rick

T explained what happened when Daryl was released and Daryl just scoffed. "Hell with all y'all. Just tell me where he is, so I can go get him." Daryl said and I stood back up. "He'll show you. Isn't that right?" Lori said and Ruck nodded. "I'm going back." "Rick, I--" I started but he put his hand up to tell me to stop. Daryl glared at him but I just looked down.

Rick started towards his tent and I followed. "Rick." I said and he sighed. He walked in and started getting changed. "Out." He said and I smiled. "Rick, I'm your sister. I have seen you shirtless before." I said snickering and he sighed. "Rick, I -- I don't want you going back there. I just got you back and I can't go through that again. I just don't have it in me." I said and Rick looked over. I walked over and he put his arms around me. "I have to. For that man, I have to." He said quietly and I sighed. "Then I'm going with you." I said and Rick instantly pulled back. "No your not." Rick said.

I sighed and looked at my big brother. "I'm not asking, I'm telling you. If your going, then I'm going. That's final." I said and Rick looked at me. He took a deep breathe and nodded. He hugged me again and held me close. "I do not want you to be more than 10 feet away. You do that or I will march your ass all the way back here." He said and I smiled and nodded.

We walked out of his tent and I walked down to mine. I walked in and grabbed a small bag and stuffed some supplies in it. I sat down and sorted some of my stuff because I had a feeling Shane would be in here while I was gone. I sighed angrily and tried to calm myself. I felt the edge to throw up again but I haven't eaten anything so I just dry heaved.

I walked out to see Shane and Rick in mid argument. "So you and Daryl? That's your big plan?" Lori asked and I watched as Rick turned to Glenn. I sighed, knowing it would be best. Glenn muttered something and Rick continued. "You know the way. Your been there before, in and out, no problem, you said so yourself. It's not fair of me to ask, I know that, but id feel a lot better with you along. I know she would too." Rick said as he pointed to Lori and Glenn looked back at me. I had sympathetic eyes and nodded slightly. He sighed again. "That's just great. Now your gonna risk three men." Shane said and I sighed.

"Four." T said and I nodded. "And me." I said and everyone turned to me. "No way." Shane said and I sighed. "I'm going." I said and Shane wrapped his hands around the beck of his neck. "That's five." I heard Dale say and Shane turned around. "It's not just five. Your putting every single on of us at risk. Just know that Rick. Come on, you saw that walker. It was here. It was in camp. They move out of the city and come here, we are gonna need every able body we got. We need 'em here. We need them to protect camp." Shane argued and I sighed and walked back to my tent.

I hated when those two boys fought. Even if I was pissed at Shane. They were best friends. They shouldn't be fighting. I sat down and waited. I heard the truck start backing up and I walked back out. I started climbing up the back when I felt a hand on my back push me up. I looked back down and saw Daryl pushed me up. He pulled himself up and I just looked at him. He was biting his lip as he paced around the truck. Glenn was in the front and Daryl walked over and slammed his foot on the horn. I smacked his arm lightly and he glared back at me. "Come on! Let's go!" He yelled to T and Rick and they both got in the truck.

We started driving and T was sitting next to me. Daryl was across and his eyes almost never left mine. "He better be okay. That's my only word on the matter." He said and T sighed. "I told you. The geeks can't get at him. The only thing that's gonna get through there is us." T said and Glenn pulled the van to a stop. "We walk from here." He said and we all jumped out. We started running towards the city.

I tuned them all out as I was behind them. They said something but I was thinking about Rick and Shane. They aren't like they were before. Something happened that caused then to change. I shook my head and before I knew it we were at the department store, according to Glenn. Merle was just up on this rooftop. We stalked forward until Rick spotted a walker. Daryl moved forward. "Damn, you are one ugly skank." He said as he shot the arrow.

We moved forward and we were now running up the stairs. I could see the top if the stairs but I was concerned because I didn't hear Merle. We got to the top and T cut the still locked chain. Daryl kicked the door open and started yelling for his brother. We all ran out and I could see Daryl was upset. I moved closer and saw that the handcuffs were still there.

Along with Merle's severed hand.