Chapter 26

Hey guys!!! Hope you enjoy this chapter and please remember to follow, vote, share, and comment!

- Carly

--------------------

*Present Day*

I stood watching as Daryl paced back and forth screaming. "No! No! No! NO!" He yelled and he finally simmered down. He instantly drew his arrow and swung it around to point it at T. Rick raised his gun to the side of Daryl's head and Glenn pulled me back behind him. "I won't hesitate. I don't care if every walker in the city heard it." Rick said and I watched as Daryl pulled it down and almost started crying. His eyes were watering but he blinked it away. "You uhh -- You got a dew rag or something?" he asked and T gave him one. I walked in front of Daryl and examined the hand closely. "Well he obviously used the hacksaw. It was probably too dull to cut through the cuffs." I stood up and looked at the blood trails. "He must've used something to stop from bleeding so bad. A ternicat. His belt maybe. There would be a hell of a lot more blood if he didn't." I said and Daryl looked at me. "The hell were you before this?" He asked and Rick stepped forward.

He stood next to me and crossed his arms. "Natalie Grimes. What I believe to be the worlds best Crime Scene Investigator. She determined how people were killed." Rick said and Daryl glanced up at him. "What? She your girlfriend or something." He asked and I snickered. "My brother, thank you very much." I said and he nodded. He wrapped the hand up and I started following the blood trail.

Daryl followed close behind me with his crossbow raised and I turned slightly. "You better go first. I'll have an arrow in my eye if you get any closer." He nodded and made his way to the front. Daryl called for his brother as we descended the stairs. We walked through room after room looking for Merle and I gasped as I walked into one.

There were two walkers on the floor, dead, and Daryl started talking but I went looking to see how they died. Did Merle shoot them or did he use a blunt object? I saw a wrench next to the second body and nodded. I followed the men as we continued our search. Daryl called out for his brother again but Rick objected. "We're not alone here." Daryl scoffed and I walked past them into the room. "Screw that. He could be bleeding out. Said so yourself."

I walked into the room and saw a few burners were lite. There was a metal iron next to them and I instantly knew Merle was here. I swallowed hard and turned away. My stomach heaved but I held it back. Rick explained what it was and I almost threw up. God, my stomach is a mess. What the hell did I eat? Ugh, whatever. I looked over towards the window and saw it was broken. I walked over to it and Daryl followed. "He busted out of this death trap." "He left the building? Why the hell would he do that?" Glenn questioned and I shifted beside him.

Daryl looked back at Glenn. "Why wouldn't he? He's out there alone as far as he knows. Doin' what he's gotta do. Survivin'." Daryl explained and T interrupted. "You call that surviving? Just wondering around in the street, maybe passing out. What are his odds out there?" "No worse then being handcuffed and left to rot by you sorry pricks. You could kill him. Ain't so worried about some dumb dead bastard." Daryl said to Rick and I saw his eyes shift to mine and back. "What about a thousand numb dead bastards? Different story?" Rick said in response.

Daryl glared at him and I sighed. "You take a tally. Do what you want. Imma go get him." "Daryl wait." Rick said as he pushed Daryl back but he started shouting. "Get your hands off me. You can't stop me." "I don't blame you. He's family, I get that. I went through hell to find mine. I would do anything for Natalie. I know exactly how you feel. He can't get far with that injury. We can help you check a few blocks around but only of we keep a level head." Rick said.

Daryl thought about it for a second and agreed. "I can do that." "Only if we get those guns first. I'm not strolling the streets of Atlanta with just my good intentions, okay." T said and we all agreed.

We walked to a spare office and Glenn started drawing a map. He started explaining his plan but Rick interrupted. "Your not doing this alone." "Even I think it's a bad idea and I don't even like you much." Daryl said and I sighed. "Shut up and give him a chance to speak." I said angrily and Rick and Daryl glanced at me. "Sorry." I said quietly as I heard the anger in my voice and let Glenn continue. "It's a good idea if you just hear me out. If we go out there in a group, we're slow, drawing attention. If I'm alone, I can move fast. Look, that's the tank, five blocks from where we are now. That's the bag of guns. Here's the alleyway I dragged you into when we first met. That's where Nat, Daryl and I will go." Glenn explained and Daryl started. "Why us?" He asked and Glenn looked up at him. "Your crossbow is quieter than his gun and I trust Natalie with my life. She can take out a walker or two if she needs to." Glenn said and he continued. "While they wait here in the alley, I run up the street, grab the bag." "But you've got us elsewhere?" Rick said and Glenn glanced up to him. "You and T-Dog will be in this alley here." "Few blocks away? Why?" Rick asked. " I may not be able to come back the same way. Walkers might cut me off. If that happens, I won't go back to Daryl and Natalie, Ill move forward instead. All the way up to the alley where you guys are. Whichever direction I go, I have you in both places to cover me." Glenn said and I nodded.

We all glanced around, agreeing with the plan. "Afterwards, we'll all meet back here." Glenn said. "Hey kid, What did you do before all this?" Daryl asked, similar to my question. "Delivered Pizzas. Why?" Glenn said and I smiled. I couldn't hold my chuckle in and Rick started laughing too. "Your pretty freaking smart for a pizza guy." I said and he smiled.

We all split up and I followed Daryl down the ladder. I heard Glenn jump down and I looked to see but I slipped. Daryl's hand went to my hip as he held me up and I thanked him silently. We kept going until we were hiding behind a dumpster. Glenn took his other shirt off and handed it to me. I held it as he started getting ready. "You got some balls for a china-man." Daryl said and I glanced at him. "He's Korean." "I'm Korean." We both said at almost the same time. "Whatever." Daryl said and I sighed. I had my arm on Glenn's shoulder and he started to walk away. "Glenn." I called softly and he turned. I walked over to him before he left the gate and kissed his cheek. "Be careful." I said quietly and walked back to my spot.

Daryl and I waited and I tossed on Glenn's shirt for safe keeping. I heard footsteps behind us and I glanced at Daryl. He held his finger to his lips and jumped out. "Woah! Don't shoot me! What do you want?!" The boy asked and I stood up and faced him. "I'm looking for my brother, he's hurt real bad, you seen him?" Daryl asked and I stood up to look at the boy. "ayúdame!" He called and I shushed him. "Ayúdame!" He called again and again and Daryl turned and slammed his crossbow across his face. I jumped over and kneeled next to him. "Hey, Hey, we aren't going to hurt you! We just need an answer. Have you seen his brother or not? Simple as that." I said quietly and I felt my weight being slammed off of the boy. Two men started beating Daryl and I saw Glenn run in. "Glenn! Get the hell out of here now!" I yelled and one of the guys grabbed me. I pushed and thrashed in his arms and I watched as the other guy started beating Glenn. I pulled my knife and stabbed the guy in the shoulder but he just yelled and held on to me tighter. A car pulled up and I started screaming. "Daryl!! Rick! DARYL! HELP US!!" I yelled but something hard hit the back of my head.

My vision went blurry as they shoved me in a car and drove off.