Chapter 22

Hey guys!!!

So, I cried watching this episode! It's so freaking cute! Ugh! And fetus Carl is just sf adorable! I miss it but I do like the grown up, badass Carl! Ugh okay, onto the chapter.

Hope you enjoy this chapter and please remember to follow, vote, share, and comment!

- Carly

--------------------

*Present Day*

I walked over to Lori, Shane, and Carl to hear Shane explaining shaving to Carl. I snickered and I placed an arm on Shane's shoulder. He looked up and smiled and went back to Carl. "I'll tell you what. You get through this with some manly dignity and I will teach you something special. I will teach you how to catch frogs." Shane said and I snickered. Rick and him used to come home with frogs all the time. Shane would often try and scare me because I didn't like how slimy they were at the time.

Carl looked up at Shane. "I've caught a frog before." he said and Shane responded quickly. "I said frogs plural. And it is an art my friend, it is not to be taken lightly. There are ways and means that few people know about and I'm willing to share my secrets." Shane said and I rolled my eyes. Carl looked over at me and I smiled. "I will have nothing to do with this. I still think they are disgusting, slimy creatures and I have been scared enough in my lifetime, thank you very much." I said and Carl smiled at Shane. Shane laughed and I smacked him lightly upside the head.

I walked over to Dale and smiled at him. I climbed up the ladder and decided that it was my turn to take watch. I have never done it so I asked. "Dale, Do you think I could take watch?" I asked and Dale looked over. "Of course you can. You seem to know your way around your gun so I see no reason to worry." He said and I smiled. I took the binoculars off him and started looking around.

I heard a distant siren and Dale came over and took the binoculars. I stood up on my tippy toes to try and see but I couldn't. "Shane." I called and he looked up. I jumped off and he caught me and put me down. That's one way to get off the RV.

Everyone was asking what it was and I figured it was the group coming back. The might have lost the car or something and had to get out fast.

The car came speeding up the path and it was blaring the siren. Glenn got out and I couldn't hear a damn thing. I put my hands over my ears and Glenn popped the hood and Jim cut the cord to the siren. I removed my hands and Amy was interrogating Glenn and I heard that everyone except Merle was fine. Shit. Daryl was gonna be pissed.

Shane glared up at Glenn and I knew there was a lecture coming. "Are you crazy driving this wailing bastard up here? You trying to draw every walker for miles?" Shane said angrily. "I think we're okay." Dale said and I shook my head. I've learned that you do not cross Shane when he is angry. "You call being stupid okay?" Shane asked. "Well that alarm was echoing all over these hills. Hard to pinpoint the source." Dale said and Shane glared at him. "I'm not arguing, I'm just saying. It wouldn't hurt to think things over more clearly." Dale said sternly and Glenn looked at the car. "Sorry. I got a cool car though." Glenn said and I smiled at the awkwardness.

I started to walk over and engulfed him in a hug. "I'm glad you made it back." I said into the hug and he pulled back and smiled. "So am I." He said and I laughed. I heard wheels rolling and I turned around to see a truck coming towards us. I walked over towards Shane and stood next to him as the cube-van parked.

I heard the back roll open and I saw Andrea jump out. "Amy!" She exclaimed and Amy started crying slightly. "Andrea." She said as they ran towards each other. I smiled but my eyes started to blur. Everyone was getting out of the cars and reuniting with family and I was getting upset. I saw Lori take Carl back and I knew he was upset too. I turned and shoved my face into Shane's chest. I cried slightly when I heard Shane, Glenn, and Morales talking about a new guy. I stayed against Shane's chest when Morales called for "Helicopter boy".

I heard Shane gasp and I looked up to see his face of astonishment. I turned around and just as I did Carl yelled. "Dad! Dad!" I looked and all my breathe was taken away. I looked at the man I thought was dead. I watched as Carl and Lori ran over to hug him but I couldn't move. My mouth hung open and I started shaking.

I tried to catch my breathe as Rick kissed his wife. "R--Rick?" I said out loud and he glanced over. His bright blue eyes met mine and they were instantly filled with tears. "Nattie!" He called and he released his family and I ran over. I started hysterically crying as I slammed into his body. He picked me up and spun me around. "I thought you were dead. I thought you were dead." I whispered/cried in his ear and he stroked my hair. I held the hug for a while when Glenn walked over. "I'm guessing you guys are close?" He said and I looked up at him.

I smiled and wiped my eyes and looked at everyone. "A little. This is Rick Grimes. Father to Carl Grimes, husband to Lori Grimes, and brother to me, Natalie Grimes. He is also Shane's best friend. Rick, Shane, and I grew up together." I said still slightly in shock and Lori, Carl, Rick, and I all had a big family hug. Rick released us and walked over to Shane and gave him a brother-hug. I held on to Lori and Carl for support because I felt like I was gonna pass out. Lori hugged me closely and Carl snuggled against me and his mom.

I was still slightly shaken up when Rick came back over. He smiled at me again and pulled me into a hug. Carl snuggled up against his dad and I held him close as well. I pulled back and let Lori, Carl, and Rick have some time. I walked over to Shane and almost fell over. He caught me and looked at me wide eyed. I shook my head and looked up at him. "Shock?" I suggested and he nodded. I leaned against him and he wrapped an arm around me.

Rick looked over and smiled.