Chapter 14

Hey guys!!! Hope you enjoy this chapter and please remember to follow, vote, share, and comment!

- Carly

--------------------

*Present Day*

It's been a while since we formed the quarry camp. We got a system going. Everyone has a job to do, mine is making sure the kids are safe and to help Daryl with hunting. I normally go on hunting trips with him since he doesn't want to deal with Merle. We were down by the lake when Daryl thought he saw a walker. "Stay here." He said and he creeped into the trees until I couldn't see him anymore.

I heard footsteps behind me. "What you doing down here all alone?" I heard and I turned to see Ed was watching me. I sighed. "I'm not alone. Daryl just went to go check something out." I said and he started walking towards me. "Well, he's not here now." I starts backing up until my foot started to get wet. I looked back and I had started to walk into the lake. Ed had grabbed my arm when I turned and he pulled me forward, out of the water. I slammed into him and he wrapped his arm around me.

I felt his hot lips against my neck and I felt like I was gonna throw up. I didn't want Shane down here because I knew he would just kill Ed and it would attract the whole group and I don't want Sophia, Carl, and Carol to see this so I couldn't scream. I struggled against him but he bit down on my neck hard. I gasped and mentally crossed that off. Ugh, Daryl, please hurry back!

Ed's hands went from around my shoulders to the front of my shirt. He turned me around and tried pulling my shirt off. I struggled with him and he ended up just ripping my shirt and pulling it off. I was about to scream for help because Daryl was taking to damn long when Ed threw me down on the ground. His hand went over my mouth before I could scream and his other hand went down to my shorts.

He unbuttoned the buttons and I was very uncomfortable. I started trying to push him off of me and I started punching him but his hand went back to my wrists. "You move again and I'll make sure it's extra painful." He said in a growl and my heart kept pounding. He started to unbutton his pants and I started whimper.

I heard footsteps behind Ed and I sighed in relief when I saw who it was. "You best get the hell off of her unless you want an arrow in the back of your head." The southern drawl said and Ed turned slightly to look at him. I pulled my gun from my holster and slammed the butt into the side of his head. He fell off of me and I stood up and Daryl put his arm across my middle and pushed me behind him.

Ed stood up and glared at Daryl. "Now you best let me finish my business and get the hell out of here. Whatchu care anyway. It's not like she's your woman?" Ed said and I watched Daryl tense up. "Shut the hell up. Why don't you go figure out that problem in your tent. Your hands could use something to do." Daryl said as he pointed towards Ed's pants. I snickered slightly and Ed narrowed his eyes and walked back up towards camp.

I suddenly became self-conscious when Daryl turned around. I tried to cover up my body but Daryl's eyes never moved from my own eyes. "Do you think you could go up to my tent and get me a shirt?" I asked and Daryl nodded. I watched him as he went through the woods. It felt weird just standing there in a bra and unbuttoned shorts. I hid on the edge of the trees so no one would see me and I waited until Daryl got back. He handed me a shirt and I smiled slightly. I looked at him and he didn't seem to get it that I wanted him to turn around. "Can you turn around?" I asked him and he raised his eyebrow.

He glanced down at the shirt and back up to my eyes. "It's not like your takin' anythin' off. Whatever." Daryl said and he walked over towards the lake. I put the shirt on and made sure my shorts were buttoned. I walked over towards Daryl and he was about knee deep in the lake just standing there. I looked down and saw his boots next to me and I smiled. I took my shoes off and waded into the water. I stood next to Daryl and he glanced over. "You alright?" He asked and I looked over at him. I swallowed hard and nodded. I wasn't gonna cry. He knew I wasn't as "okay" as I said but he decided not to act on it.

I looked at him as he looked up at the sky. I watched as he turned and his eyes met mine. I never realized how pretty his eyes are. They were blue but they were different. They were hard but every once in a while when I talked to him they would soften and become a light blue, almost like sky blue. Every other time they were dark blue. "Thank you." I said and he looked down and started biting his nails. He nodded and started to wade back to shore. I smiled and nodded at him because he was waiting for me. "Don't wait up." I said and he sighed. He swung the crossbow over his shoulder and just watched as I turned back towards the center of the lake.

Soon after I heard a thud of something falling to the ground and I heard footsteps walking into the lake again.