Chapter 39*

Hey guys!!! Hope you enjoy this chapter and please remember to follow, vote, share, and comment!

- Carly

--------------------

*22 Years Old*

I was sitting on the couch in the living room of Rick's house. I came down for the week because Lori was due to have her C-section today. The appointment was at 11 am and it was 8 right now. Lori wanted to get there early so we were all up and getting ready. Lori was already a month overdue and they were worried if they kept this going on any longer that the umbilical cord would wrap around the baby's neck.

Lori had her suitcase ready to go but we were waiting on Rick. I knew he had to be nervous because he was gonna be a father soon. I helped Lori put the suitcase in the car and made sure she was in safely. I ran in to get Rick and he was pacing in the living room. I smiled and pulled him into a hug. "Your gonna be a daddy." I said is a sing-song voice and he chuckled.

I pulled him outside and laughed as his hands shook with the keys. I pulled the keys from his hands and sent him off to the car. I locked the door and went to the back of the car. I handed Rick the keys and we pulled out of the driveway.

I felt like years but it was only a few hours. I was sitting in the waiting room when I watched the clock strike 11:00. I stood up at this point and went down to the cafe to get some coffee. I walked slowly back up to the waiting room again and sat down. Shane ran in and saw me. "Is he here yet? Did she have him yet?" He asked out of breathe and I giggled and shook my head. "Not yet. It should be any minute now." Shane sat down next to me and took my coffee from my hand. I narrowed my eyes and he gave me his famous smirk and I rolled my eyes.

I heard footsteps and I knew it was Rick. I saw him walk around the corner and look at us. His eyes were sparkling and I knew he was a daddy. I laughed with tears brimming my eyes and jumped into his arms. Shane hugged him too and we followed him into Lori's room.

He opened the door and I saw Lori with a small bundle in her arms. I made my way over to Lori's bed and sat down softly. I looked down at the tiny face of the baby and sighed happily. Lori had tears running down her cheeks. "Can I hold him?" I asked and Lori nodded and handed him over. I cuddled the bundle close to my heart and a tear fell from my eye. I looked down at the baby boy, my nephew, and smiled. His eyes opened and I sucked in a breathe. He had the Grimes eyes that Rick and I both had. He wrapped his tiny fingers around one of mine and I couldn't stop smiling. "What did you decide on his name?" I asked quietly and Lori and Rick looked at each other.

"Carl Grimes."