Chapter 32

Hey guys!!!

I'm so sorry I haven't been on! School just started for me and I was down the shore (with no wifi) for the weekend! I'm hoping to update a little more today but updates will be scarce because of school.... I'm literally three days in and I already had a test, have two coming up, and a project due on Wednesday...... uuuggghhh...

Hope you enjoy this chapter and please remember to follow, vote, share, and comment!

- Carly

--------------------

*Present Day*

I woke up to light shining down on my face and I sat up. I wiped my eyes and glanced to see my tent was being held open by Shane. I sighed and rolled back over. "Nattie, time to get up. We are leaving in a few minutes." He said and I looked up at him. "What? We still have to pack everything." I said confused and he shook his head. "Everything is packed."He said and he walked out of the tent.

I quickly got changed and walked out and started pulling my tent down. Daryl walked over and started helping me and I felt sick to my stomach again. I sat down for a second and Daryl looked down. "Your gonna get sick again, aren't you?" He said and I took deep breathes. "No, I'll be fine." I said and I got back up to help but he just told me to stay and he would do it. My stomach swirled and I sighed and turned so my back was facing Daryl. I threw up again but almost nothing came up. I sat back up and wiped my mouth. I turned and saw Daryl was concerned. "When we get to the CDC, remind me to see if they have any medicine you can take." He said and I nodded.

Shane called the group over and I walked over followed by Daryl. "Alright, everyone listen up. Those of you with CB's, we are gonna be on channel 40, but let's keep the chatter down okay. Now you gotta problem, don't have a CB, can't get a signal, anything at all, your gonna hit your horn one time. That'll stop the caravan. Any questions?" Shane said and I looked over at Daryl as he rubbed his face. "We're uhh... We're not going." I heard Morales say.

I looked back at them with sympathy in my eyes. "We have family in Birmingham. We want to be with our people." Miranda said and I sighed and looked at ground. "You'll be on your own. You won't have anyone to watch your back."Shane reasoned. "We'll take the chance. I gotta do what's best for my family." Morales replied, obviously hell-bound on leaving. "You sure?" Rick asked and they agreed. Rick and Shane leaned down and got a gun out for the family and I walked over and kneeled down close to the kids. They both had tears in their eyes and I smiled sadly, pulling them both in. We hugged and I released them and walked over to Miranda. I hugged her tightly and wished her luck. Morales watched and I looked over at him. "Don't worry, I'm not forgetting you." I said with a sad smile and he snickered. I pulled him in close and kissed his cheek. "Stay safe. I hope you do well." I said quietly and he nodded and I walked back.

Daryl scoffed as Rick and Shane handed Morales a gun and I looked back at him. He was close to me and he talked very softly. "Why the hell are they getting our gun? They are leaving." He said and I sighed. "Daryl, they have two kids and they'll be alone. It's not that big a deal, we have 10 times that ammo anyway." I said and he sighed.

I heard Shane tell us to go and I jogged over and grabbed my bags. Daryl was behind me and he helped me carry all my crap even though I only had two bags. He threw it in his truck and held the door open for me. I guess I'm riding with Daryl then. I smiled and thanked him as he shut the door and we were off. I leaned my head against the frame of the window and let the air run across my face.

>>>>>>>>>>

I was shaken awake by the truck coming to a stop and I sat up slightly and looked at Daryl. His eyes met mine and I knew he had no idea. We both got out and walked towards the RV. There was smoke coming from the front and I sighed. I climbed up the back of the RV and looked around. I kept my eyes open for any sudden movement. Shane caught my attention and I glanced down at him. "Me and T are going up ahead to look around. You wanna come?" He asked and I looked up at the horizon. I nodded and climbed down.

We all jumped into Shane's Jeep and we started off to see if we could find anything. There was a small gas station with a walk-in store and there was a single truck. I stalked around the door and pushed it open. I didn't see anything but I still walked around to check and make sure. It was clear so I walked around to look for food or water. I found an unopened case of water and smiled. I grabbed a single bottle and gulped it down. I kept looking and found a small granola bar.

I eyed it up but decided that I would save it for the group. I looked over at the door and saw Shane watching me. "Eat it." He said and I shook my head. "You've been puking more than not so you need something in your stomach. Eat it." He said and I sighed. My stomach grumbled as I opened it and I took a small piece off. I offered some to him but he shook his head. Shane and T had found some duck-tape so we headed back.

We drove back and I had finished the granola bar and tossed the wrapped out the window. I hated doing that but the whole worlds a shit-hole now anyways. We got back and Shane put the water in the RV and I climbed up the RV and dangled my feet off the edge so I could hear.

Rick had explained that Jim wants us to leave him here. "It's what he wants." "And he's lucid?" Carol asked and Rick nodded. "He seems to be. I would say yes." Rick said and I sighed. "Back at the camp, when I said Daryl might be right and you shut me down, you misunderstood. I would never go along with callously killing a man. I was just gonna suggest that we ask Jim what he wants, and I think we have an answer." Dale chimed in and I was just watching the ground. "We just leave him here, take off. Man, I'm not sure I could live with that." Shane said and I shook my head. "It's not your decision to make. Either one of you." I said and everyone glanced up at me.

Rick and Shane nodded and both went into the RV and pulled Jim out. They carried him to the trees and leaned him up against one. I climbed down from the RV and trailed behind with Daryl. Everyone said their goodbyes and Daryl and I were last in line. I walked over towards Jim and kneeled down in front of him. "Jim, I want you to know that you'll always have a place in our hearts. Just because your leaving us now doesn't mean we'll ever forget you. Just lay back and close your eyes. You don't have to fight anymore." I said and a tear escaped my eye. He looked at me and a smiled crossed his face. I leaned forward and kissed his cheek and stood up behind Daryl.

Daryl nodded at Jim and Jim nodded in return with a slight smile on his face. I started to walk back and I felt Daryl's hand touch my back but then pull away. I sighed and we both got in his truck. Daryl had his hand on the center of the seat and I put mine in top of his. He looked over quickly and I pulled a sad smile on and I knew he saw right through it. I sighed and leaned my head back as we started moving and I watched as Jim's figure disappeared.

I closed my eyes and a tear fell down my face.