Chapter 16

Hey guys!!!

Just wanted to let you guys know that this chapter is skippy. It has a few time jumps thrown in there.

Hope you enjoy this chapter and please remember to follow, vote, share, and comment!

- Carly

--------------------

*Present Day*

"Alright y'all. Come over here." Shane said from where we were standing near the RV. Everyone started walking forward and I looked over at Glenn and mentally begged him not to do this but he shook his head. "Alright, Glenn has made the decision that he is gonna go for supplies." Shane said and everyone looked around and nodded. "Yea, but you guys don't know where he's going for the supplies." I said and everyone looked towards me. "Where is he going?" Lori asked and I looked over at her and then back to Glenn. "I'm going into the city. The city fell quick so there could be a lot of stuff there we need." Glenn said and I shook my head and stalked towards my tent.

I heard everyone going back and forth about it but he said he needed to go alone. I sat down in my tent and picked up the book I had. I started reading when my tent started to unzip. I glanced up and saw it was Glenn and he was holding his baseball cap. "Hey." He said and I looked up. "Hi." "Look, Natalie, I know you don't want me to go but I know the city like the back of my hand. I know where everything is so I'll be there and back in a few days." He said and I just stared at him. I nodded and stood up.

I shooed him out of my tent and I followed. "Alright. Just, please, be careful!" I said and he smiled and nodded. "Always am." He said and I smiled and hugged him. Glenn and I had become pretty close over this whole thing. Everyone looked down to Glenn because he was only in his 20s but he is actually pretty damn smart. He got into the car and started off on his trip to hell.

>>>>>>>>>>

It's been two days since Glenn left for the city and I was starting to get worried. "Shane maybe we should go down and look for him." I said as I paced back and forth. "We can't risk the rest of the group. You should know that more then everyone here." He said and I sighed. Just then I heard a car motor and wheels crunching on the dirt. I smiled as I watched Glenn drive up to the quarry. He got out of the car and I was the first to run over and hug him. "Oh, It's good to see you too Natalie." Glenn said as he returned my hug.

I pulled back and looked into his eyes. "How are you? Are you bit? How bad is the city?" I asked and he chuckled. "I'm fine, no I wasn't bit, and the city is a lot worse than we thought. The streets are packed with walkers. I was right though, the city is full of supplies. We could last a while off of them if you know where to look." Glenn said and I wasn't sure whether to smile or frown.

We ended up unpacking all the stuff he got and Lori started complaining to Shane. "We should really put signs up on Highway 85 to warn people away from the city if it's that bad." Lori said and I agreed with her. Shane disagreed and that was the end of that since he is "the leader" around here. Ugh, idiot. Someone's gonna get killed because of that.

>>>>>>>>>>

It's been a while since Glenn went into the city. He had already started planning the second trip. We were running low on everything. Daryl and I have been going on more hunting trips and we have gotten closer. We now have a somewhat mutual friendship... At least I think.

Glenn loaded up the truck and headed out and Daryl was standing next to me. "Wanna head out? We're gonna need to last until he gets back." He said and I nodded. We've gone on so many trips that he even let's me use his crossbow if he thinks it's an easy kill. I went to my tent and grabbed some supplies in a bag and headed out. I carried the supplies for two because for a crossbow you need both arms and full movement of your back to control it. A backpack would just get in the way. I walked out of my tent and over to the majority of the group. I told Shane we were going and he told me to be safe.

Little did I know, it would be longer than usual.