Chapter 45*

Hey guys, so so SOOOO sorry I haven't been on but I still have the same excuse.... School. Ugh it's killing me and I'm super busy. Walking dead needs to come back like now uuuggghhh! Okay well on to the chapter. Hope you guys like it and please comment, follow, vote, and share the story!!
-Carly
--------------------
* 25 years old*

I sat on my bed with the computer on my lap and sighed. I had been looking at jobs for a while now and I finally found the one I wanted to do, what I had been studying for. A crime scene investigator. I sat on my bed and looked at the job description. I had had the interview a few days ago and had gotten the job. The only problem is... It's in Texas. Bryan, Texas to be exact. That's a two hour flight away from my family and friends. I sighed and opened up a new tab. I quickly went to the real estate website for the house I had put an offer down on. I was waiting for the call any day now and I looked at the pictures. It was beautiful. I really did love it but I hated the fact in leaving Georgia. I've lived in our little house my entire life, it's gonna be weird getting used to the whole idea. Luckily, my parents and Rick and his family are coming down with me and are staying a week so I can get used to the idea of being down there.

My phone rang and I quickly sat up and answered politely. "Hello, Natalie Grimes speaking." Rick walked into my room and I put my finger up to keep him quiet. "Alright, thank you so much. I'll be down there as soon as I can. Goodbye." I hung up the phone and stood up. Rick looked at me and a smile crept onto my face. "I got the apartment!!" I said loudly and Rick laughed and pulled me into a hug. I pulled back and went to my closet to start packing my clothes. "Wow, someone is eager to leave us behind." Rick said and I turned and smiled. "Of course I'm not, but you heard me, I have to get down there soon." I said and he laughed. "I'm messing with you Nat. Here, why don't you go down and tell everyone and I'll help you out with the packing." Rick said and I smiled and kissed his cheek. "Thanks Icky." I said and he laughed.

I went downstairs and told my parents and they were both so happy for me but I could tell they were sad to have to say goodbye. I decided that I would have to tell Shane sometime so I might as well tell him now. I got in my car started it. I rolled down the windows since it was pretty hot today. The wind blew through my hair and I turned the radio on and just concentrated on the music. Before I knew it, I had gotten to Shane's house and I turned off the car. I got out and looked in the window and saw him in the kitchen. I smiled and knocked on the door. I waited a few seconds and the door opened. Shane's face changed and a smile grew. I waved my hand and he quickly locked his door and followed.

We got in my car and started driving. I had no idea where it was but I had a place in mind. When we finally got there Shane smiled and chuckled. "You came all this way just for that. I could've done that at my house Nat." Shane said as he leaned over and I giggled and moved away. "I'm not here for the stupid." I said and Shane put his hand over his chest in mock pain. I snickered and he ran his hand over my cheek. "Then why are we here?" He asked and I sighed. "Because I got that apartment." I said and his smile faded. "So your leaving?" He asked and I nodded. His face fell and he turned around. My eyes started to burn and I had to say something. "Don't worry, I'll still be around and we can talk all the time on the phone." I said as I tried to help not only him but myself. "Don't bother." I heard Shane say in a whisper. "Huh?" I asked, totally confused. He rubbed his head in frustration. "Don't bother trying to cheer me up, I'll be fine. Just go and enjoy yourself. Hope you have a great life." He said full of venom and I was taken back. "Shane, what are you talking about?" I asked and he didn't even turn to face me. He got in my car and started it up. I met his eyes once and he shook his head and pulled away. I watched as the car drove away and then I realized something. Shit, that's my car! I cursed at myself and sat down on the ground. I laid back and looked up at the sky.

What the hell got into him.