Chapter 42*

Hey guys!!! Hope you enjoy this chapter and please remember to follow, vote, share, and comment!

- Carly

--------------------

*23 Years Old*

"Hello baby boy!" I said happily as I saw Lori holding Carl. He giggled and I played with his hands a little. "Hey Nattie!" Rick said and I looked over at him and smiled. "Hey Icky." I said and he chuckled. I saw my mom and dad walking over towards us and I smiled. My dad gave me a hug but my mom went straight for Carl and Lori. I shook my head. "Hello? I'm the one graduating from college here." I said and she looked at me. "Oh hush. I was getting to you." She said playfully and I rolled my eyes. She hugged me and I saw Shane walking over. I smiled and moved towards him to give my mom and dad some time with their son and grandson.

Shane lifted me up and I wraped my arms around his neck. "Hey beautiful." He said and I giggled and smiled at him. "Hi." I said and the loudspeaker kicked on. "All graduated please report to room 1h. Thank you." I sighed and Shane put me down. "I can't believe I'll be dating a college graduate soon." Shane said and I raised an eyebrow. "Is that your way of asking me out?" I said, surprised. "I don't know. Maybe." Shane said as he got closer to me. I rolled my eyes and started off towards where I was supposed to be.

In no time, the graduation music started playing and we proceeded through the door towards our seats. Since my last name was Grimes, I was relatively close to the front. There was only about 10 people in front of me and my graduating class was over 500 people. It was all branches of criminal justice and law and forensics. There was a whole lot of people here. It was quite nerve-racking. People made their speeches and they had finally started calling up the graduates. I was three people away from getting my diploma. "Anna Franstien." Two people away. "Beverly Getas." One person. "Caleb Gomez." I'm next. I took a deep breathe and waited until I heard my name. "Natalie Grimes." I heard and I heard whoops and cheers from my right side and I glanced down and saw my dad and Rick standing up and I laughed. I shook the professors hand as he handed me my diploma. I walked down the stairs and headed back to my seat.

The names when by so fast and before I knew it, the head professor was standing in front of the microphone. "I would like to wish everyone a happy and prosperous life whether we see you again or you start you career in life. Congratulations to the graduates." He said and the entire room filled with cheers and applause. We all stood and filed our way outside. I stood in front of the giant fountain and waited for my family. I watched as my former classmates hugged their families and some picked up their children. I laughed and giggled as one man tried to cheer up his young daughter who was crying because she was so proud of her daddy. "Nat!" I heard and I saw Rick heading my way. I smiled as he enveloped my in a hug and his chest vibrated with laughter. "Congrats Natalie!" Lori said and I smiled and hugged her. Carl whined and held his arms out for me and I giggled and picked him out of Lori's arms. "Are you proud of me baby boy? Huh? Are you proud of your aunt Carl?" I said playfully and he smiled and giggled along with me. I kissed his forehead and gave him back to Lori. My mom and Dad hugged me and Lori pulled back and took a few pictures. One with both parents, One with each parent, one with Rick, one with Lori, one with Carl, one with Lori, Rick and Carl, one with my parents and Rick. Yea, "a few".

I heard someone clear their the ought behind me and I turned and saw Shane with his hands behind his back. I got his famous grin and he pulled a bunch of flowers out from his back and I sucked in a breathe. They were beautiful. They were my favorite too. Hibiscuses. I used to call them "Hawaii flowers" when I didn't know the name of them because that is what they reminded me of. I used to always tell Rick how I loved those flowers and is always wanted to wear one on my ear.

Shane handed my the flowers and my cheeks heat up as he pulled my in for a hug. He pulled his head back and I felt his breathe on my ear. "How about now? Will you go out with me?" He whispered in my ear and my smile grew. "I think I can do that." I whispered back and he smiled and pulled back totally. He hand went to my neck and he pulled me forward. His lips met mine and for that little second, I felt totally and utterly complete.

We all went back to my parents house, as that is where I'll be staying for now since I can't use my dorm anymore. My parents and Rick gave me the gifts they had bought and now everyone's eyes were on Shane. "My gift is a little different. I can't give it to you yet." Shane said and I smiled. "Well now you have to tell us what it is." I said and he smiled. "I'm not gonna ruin the surprise." Shane said and I rolled my eyes.

We all just started chatting and drinking and we all actually had a great time. Rick didn't drink, seeing as though he had to drive Lori and Carl home. Shane was spending the night because he had too much to drink. I went upstairs to get changed and I figured I'll probably go to sleep so I kissed my parents goodnight and headed upstairs. I took my shirt off and tossed it in the hamper I had in the corner of my room. I pulled my pants down and tossed them in the hamper as well. I rummaged through my drawer when my doorknob turned and Shane stumbled in. I glanced up at him and he snickered. "Figured that's what you were doing." He said and I chuckled. "What else would I be doing?" He said and he pulled me close.

"Preparing for your birthday present." He said and his lips met mine.