Chapter 41

Hey guys!!! Hope you enjoy this chapter and please remember to follow, vote, share, and comment!

Oooooohh! Season 2!!

- Carly

--------------------

*Present Day*

I sat in Shane's jeep with my head against the door frame. I watched as the trees weren't going by as fast and I narrowed my eyes. I saw the back of Daryl's truck get further away and I sat up straight. I looked over at Shane to see him smack the steering wheel and press his hand on the horn. The jeep stuttered to a stop and I watched as Daryl drove further away. I took in a breathe as Shane pressed his hand on the horn again and nothing happened. "Shit." Shane said loudly and he opened his door. "Nat, we gotta get out and try and flag them down." Shane said quickly and I opened my door and pulled my gun from my pocket. I held it up to the sky and shot two rounds.

I ran around to the back of the jeep and grabbed a bag that I could carry. I heard distant moans and I turned and saw a group of walkers coming at us fast. "Shit, Shane!" I said and he grabbed Ricks bag and threw it over his shoulders. We started running as fast as we could. "Now you listen here, you stay with me and you don't use all your bullets. Use your knife if anything gets close!" He shouted as we ran and walker after walker found it's way towards us.

My lungs were on fire and I could see Shane was barely breathing. If we had to run much longer, I would pass out. I pushed my legs to the limit and I silently begged for Daryl and Rick to turn around. I heard a distant motor and I saw the RV slowing down and I cried out in relief. The door opened and Glenn was screaming at us to get it. The walkers were right on our tail and I jumped in with Shane jumping right on top of me. We shimmied so we were away from the door and Shane moved off of me. I laid flat in the ground trying to catch my breathe.

I heard Carl go for Shane and hug him close and he ended up laying next to me and hugging me tightly. I held his arms around me and pulled back smiled. "I'm okay, I'm okay. I'm fine. It's okay." I said, still out of breathe and he smiled. I chuckled trying to catch my breathe and Shame watched our every move. I nodded towards Lori and Carl climbed back onto her lap.

I rubbed my face and held my hands over my eyes. I wanted to cry because my lungs were on fire but I knew Carl would freak if I did. I got to my knees and crawled towards the back, where Dale sleeps and pulled myself into the bed. "Man, they may be slow but they, they just don't tire, man. They just keep coming." Shane said from his position on the floor and I started to get control of my breathing. "That's a good thing to know." Rick said and Shane thanked him. "Don't thank us, thank Daryl. He's the one who noticed." Lori said and I looked up at the ceiling.

I never thought id see the day Daryl Dixon purposely saved my life. I silently reminded myself to thank Daryl when I saw him. "He started honking and yelling his head off." Dale said and everyone started laughing nervously. I chuckled slightly when I heard them but I didn't really know what to do. "Rick? You got any moves left?" Shane asked and I glanced up slightly to see Shane was looking back at me. I flopped my head back on the bed and waited. "I got one." Rick answered and I waited. "It good?" Shane asked. "It occurs to me that we have friends in this town. Glenn, Nat, what do you think?" Rick said and my head snapped up.

Guillermo! The nursing home! "Yea!" Glenn said, remembering them. "It will buy us some time. A night or two until we figure out what we're doing." Rick said and I stood up and moved next to Glenn. "The nursing home! Guillermo and his people!" I said happily and Dale met my eyes. "The people that took you two hostage." He asked, skeptically. "Hey, we parted on good enough terms." Rick said as he kept his eye on the road. "Good enough doesn't blow me over with confidence." Dale said and I shook my head. "You weren't there. You didn't see the way that Rick handled things. They're our fiends. They'll take is in!" Glenn said next to me and he wraped his arm around my waist and pulled my into a side hug. I giggled and sat back down on the floor next to Shane.