Chapter 35

Hey guys!!! Hope you enjoy this chapter and please remember to follow, vote, share, and comment!

- Carly

--------------------

*Present Day*

We all stared into the light. Rick and Shane finally got over the shock and started barking orders again. We all filed inside and I was holding my gun up high. I walked in before Daryl and he closed the doors. Rick yelled to see if anyone was here but we were only greeted by a gun cocking. Daryl moved so he was in front of means I held my gun on the man. "Anybody infected?" The man yelled and I watched as Rick answered. "One of our group was. He didn't make it." "Why are you here? What do you want?" The man said. "A chance." Rick answered. "That's asking an awful lot these days." He said. "I know." Rick said.

The man eyed us all carefully and I stood my ground. When his eyes met mine Daryl shifted slightly and I broke eye contact to look at him. "You all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission." He said. "We can do that." Rick answered and I knew we were in. I dropped my gun to my side. "You got stuff you need to bring in, you do it now. Once those doors close, they stay closed." The man said and I nodded. I started to go out but Daryl shook his head slightly and Shane just plain out said no. I told Shane to just get my backpack and he nodded.

I had another bag but I felt safer with it out there. Once they all came back the man asked "Vi" to seal the main entrance. I stood by my brother as he introduced himself. "Dr. Edwin Jenner." The man said his name was and I nodded. I held my hand out to him as well. He grasped my hand firmly and I smiled slightly. "Natalie Grimes. Rick's sister." I said and he nodded.

We all grouped in an elevator and I was squished between Shane and Rick. Carl stood in front of me but his dad had a grasp on his shoulder. "Doctors always go around packing heat like that?" Daryl asked through the silence and I suppressed a smile. "There were plenty left lying around so I familiarized myself. But you look harmless. Except you. I need to keep my eye on you." Jenner said, addressing Carl and I smiled and pulled him closer to me. A smile creeped across his face and I looked up at Jenner who made eye contact with me.

When we got off the elevator, Shane took hold of my hand and pulled me close. "I don't like this." He said but I brushed him off. I pushed him away slightly and fell to the back of the group. "Are we underground?" Carol asked. "Are you claustrophobic?" Jenner asked and I nodded slightly. Shane looked back at me, as I felt eyes burning into the back of my head. I turned and saw Daryl was watching me, probably thinking about that hunting trip. "A little." She said and Jenner turned back to the front. "Try not to think about it." He said and I sighed. I rubbed Carols and she looked over and smiled slightly.

We walked into the control room and I glanced around. It was empty. When Jenner spoke, there was a loud echo. The power came back on and he turned around to face us. "Welcome to zone 5." He said as he started walking forward. "Where is everyone? The other scientists? Anyone?" I said and he turned back to face me. "I'm it. It's just me here." Jenner said and I sighed. Damn it. "What about the person you were speaking with? Vi?" Lori said and I turned slightly. "Vi, say hello or our guests. Tell them welcome." Jenner said. A robotic feminine voice amplified around the room. "I'm at that's left. I'm sorry."

We went to another room and it looked like a college classroom. I sat down on a chair with my head on my knees as I waited. Shane was the second to be done and he came over and sat next to me. He put his hand on my knee and I flicked it off. He clenched his jaw and stood up.

I was next and I sat down. I always hated getting blood taken. I normally pass out when I did and Rick stood behind me because he knew. If I looked at the blood, I would faint. I held my arm out and looked over at everyone to see them watching me. I felt the needle sink in and I looked at the wall behind Lori and Carl. I just kept looking around and my eyes met Daryl's. He held my gaze for when seemed like hours but it was only a few minutes. Jenner told me I was done and I broke the gaze and stood up quickly. I stood up too quickly because I instantly felt nauseous and light headed. Shane stood up and Rick wrapped his arm around me.

I saw the concern in Jenner's eyes and shook my head. "I'm fine. Just stood up too quick, that's all." I said. I felt like I was gonna puke so I immediately asked if there was a bathroom around. Jenner pointed me in the direction and I walked quickly over. I shut the door and dropped to my knees and gaged. Nothing came up but I was in there a while. "Nat? You okay?" I heard Shane say and I sighed. I flushed the toilet, even though there was nothing in there and the door opened. Shane saw me on the floor and instantly came down. He scooped me up and helped me to my feet. I pushed him away slightly because I didn't need it.

I opened the door and returned to the group to see Andrea just finished. I sat on one of the chairs and Daryl sat down a few seats away. Everyone walked out but Daryl and I stayed back."You okay?" He asked gruffly and I nodded. "No your not." He said and I sighed.

I know the bug or whatever I had would have been gone by now. There is nothing that it could ..... Oh god. Oh god! I'm so stupid! How could I not figure it out. I stood up and Daryl followed. I found out that Jenner was helping us make dinner so I went to go find a bathroom again.

I found one down a random hallway and walked in. I quickly pulled down my pants and looked at my underwear. Shit. Oh god. Oh my god.

I'm late.