Chapter 19

Hey guys!!! Hope you enjoy this chapter and please remember to follow, vote, share, and comment!
- Carly
--------------------

*Present Day*

"Hello. Hello. Can anybody hear my voice?" The voice said from the Cb and Amy dropped the wood she had in her hand and ran over. I unwrapped Carl and headed over there. "Hey. Hello?" Any said but the person didn't seem to hear her. "Can anybody hear my voice?" He said and I thought he sounded familiar. I shook my head and continued listening. "Yes, we can hear you. Your coming through. Over." Amy said but the man just continued to ask if anyone was there. "Shane." I said and Dale continued. "Come on son, you know best how to work this thing." Dale called to Shane and we watched as Shane stuck the axe into the stump and called for the man on the cb. "Hello, Hello. Is the person who called still on the air?"

Static. "This is officer Shane Walsh broadcasting to person unknown please respond." Static. "He's gone." Shane said with a sigh. "There are others. It's not just us." Lori said and I nodded. "We knew there would be, Right? That's why we left the cb on." Shane said and Lori sighed.

I looked over at him and sighed. "Yea, It's helped so much. And Lori and I have been saying for a week now that we need to put sighs up to warn people away from the highway and the city." I said and Lori nodded along with me. "Folks got no idea what their getting into." Amy said and I looked down at her. "We haven't had the time." Shane said and I widened my eyes.

These were people's lives here. I was just on the highway and I almost died. "I think we should make the time. It's people's lives at stake." I said and Shane rubbed his stubble. "Yea, That's a luxury that we can't afford. We are surviving here. We are day to day." Shane said starting to get pissed. "And who the hell do you suppose we send?" Dale asked and I looked over at him. "Me. I was literally just down there. Give me a car and I'll go." I said and Shane sighed in anger. "No one goes anywhere alone, you know that." Shane said and I sighed.

I stalked off to my tent and I heard tiny footsteps like Carl was following me but Shane shot him down. I kept walking as I heard Shane behind me. "What? You pissed at me?" He asked but I ignored him and walked into my tent. I walked to the back of the tent and Shane opened it up and zipped it. "You can be pissed at me all you want, it's not gonna change things." He said and I leaned down and started shuffling through my clothes to make it seem like I'm doing something.

He stood behind me and I felt his gaze burning into my skull. "I don't want you in danger. I wouldn't do it for anything. I tolerate you hunting because I know Daryl can handle himself. Your safe with him." He said and I sighed. "I know it makes you wanna slap me upside the head, well tell you what. Go right ahead, I'm right here." He said and I turned around. I really wanted to slap him upside the head but I decided against it. I just looked at him. I'm my own damn person. I don't need him to protect me. I lived in a whole different state for I don't even know how long and I was fine. I worked with criminals for a living and I'm perfectly fine.

He looked at me as if egging me own but I just sighed. "You can not walk off like that in front of Carl. All half-cocked. Yea, your almost always pissed at me but you gotta keep your cool. If you don't do it for me or for you, you do it for that boy. He has been through too much and he can't loose his aunt too. Okay?" He said and I nodded. "You tell me okay." He said and I looked at him. "Okay." I said lightly and he smiled. "See, it wasn't hard." He said chuckling and I sighed.

I looked down and he walked closer. "Hey." He said and I looked up. He was looking at my lips. He leaned in and I met him halfway. His lips moved against mine and his hand moved to my head. I leaned toward him and put my hands on his chest. It felt good to kiss him again but I didn't feel that spark I felt when we were younger. We kissed for a while when I heard Carl. "Aunt Nattie?" He called and we both pulled away from the kiss.

Shane walked out and told him I was in the tent. Carl walked in and I smiled at him. "Hey bud. I'm sorry I stormed off earlier. I was a little upset but I'm better now. Now why don't you go find your Moma." I said and he nodded. I smiled and as he turned around I slapped his behind softly and he laughed. I smiled and sat down.

We've all been through too much.