OHMYGOD ASKALSKLAALKALSKL

The four of you were in the staff room, getting your belongings together from the lockers.

"We owe Sensei one, now." Shikadai spoke up.

"We can't let Shino Sensei lose face. We'll take care of our on-the-job training first, then catch the ghost." Boruto said, squeezing his armband.

"To be honest, that's what you should've done from the beginning, but..."

"SHUT UP!!" You just shrugged.

"Shino sensei believes in us, so now we can't let him down or fuck up. If we wanna solve this, we can't be reckless— Boruto." Your stare was directed at him.

"Why are you looking at me...?" He sweat dropped.

"Because out of all of us, you're an idiot."

"You don't have to be so mean!!"

~
The four of you walked out into the main room, bags ready. Even though you did your job correctly, Kamame lumped you in with them anyways. Something about 'collective responsibility' or some shit like that.

"But won't that Bureau Chief be mad at us?" Mitsuki spoke.

"I forgot about him..." Boruto gasped.

"If we're assigned menial jobs again, we won't be able to do our patrol." You punched him upside the head.

"Stop being so dramatic, dammit." You said, brow twitching.

"Are you still dilly-dallying around here?" You heard a voice ask. The four of you turned around to see Kamame standing there.

"You should have started your deliveries ages ago!" He scolded.

"We can deliver the mail?" Shikadai asked.

"Thank Tayori." He replied, gazing moving over towards the young man. The rest of you followed his gaze. He was standing no more than ten feet away.

"He begged me to let you deliver the mail with him." He added.

"Tayori did?" Boruto repeated.

"Welp, that was a mistake, and we're probably going to let him down again, cause we're a bunch of walking disappointments wrapped in skin." You said. The four of them just stared at you, perplexed.

"What? You gonna say it's not true?"

"Deliver carelessly again and, even if this is workplace experience or whatnot, you'll be fired!" He warned, pointing a finger at all of you.

"I TOLD YOU I DID MY JOB PERFECTLY YOU FUCKING WALNUT LOOKING ASS—"

~
"You have our gratitude, ya know!" Boruto said as you, him, and Shikadai bowed to Tayori.

"You chose this job for an important reason, didn't you?" He inquired, a soft smile on his face. You straightened up.

"It's not a flashy job, but if there's anything I can do, I'm glad to help." He gave you four a closed eyed smile.

"Yes, yes! You'll be a great help!" Boruto exclaimed.

"Like joining in on our ritualistic sacrifices!"

"..."

"..."

"Well fuck you guys, guess that's only me."

"Today, we'll be in charge of route #2." Tayori said, pointing at a map that had streets highlighted.

"It's different from the last time?" Boruto inquired.

"It may be called a village, but it's very vast. Our postal system is divided into four teams and every day, we take turns delivering mail along four routes." Tayori explained.