First Meeting

"I'm sorry Shifu.  What woman?" Chang Shan asked a little concerned.  Mo Yuans glare was far too intense that for a moment he thought he might still be feverish.

Realizing the boy had no idea what he was talking about, he rephrased the question.  "Who brought me back from the Peach Tree Woods?"

Sending his mind back, his head tilted slightly to the side as he brought forward the names of those who arrived with both Shifu and High God Zhe Yan who were both looking deathly pale.  

Raising his hands, he bowed.  "Ahh.  Emperor Bai Zhi, Empress Zhuī Mèng Zhě, High God Bai Zhen, The Celestial Palaces Medicine King and....." his voice trailed off as he thought about the woman who was with them now realizing who he was referring to.

"And...?"

He shook his head apologetically.  "I'm sorry Shifu, I do not know who the woman is that accompanied them."

Nodding Mo Yuan closed his eyes, but thinking he was disappointed, Chang Shan quickly jumped back in.  "But she has been visiting Zhe Yan every day and she did come and check on you a couple of times." he said realizing too that she had not been introduced to any of them as she always accompanied The Empress and because of her high status, Die Feng had not dared to ask though he assumed she might perhaps be a good friend of High God Zhe Yans, and a very beautiful one too he thought.

"Really.  Is she here now?" he asked moving to sit up.

"Yes Shifu, she has been assisting the The Empress with his healing.

Immediately his legs swung over the side of the bed.  Ignoring Chang Shans attempts to keep him in bed, he pulled his undergarments over his still wet body where he had been attempting to wash him before slipping his feet into a pair of slippers.  Then allowing the boy to dress him, he asked if anyone else had visited.

"Yes Shifu.  General Dai and Lord Donghua Di Jun and several well wishers from the Realms." he said before suddenly remembering someone else who had arrived but was chased off the Mountain by his senior Die Feng.  "Oh and High Immortal Geming of the Ghost Clan." he added which had Mo Yuan turning sharply to look at him.

"He was not informed of my condition was he?" he asked narrowing his eyes at the boy.

"No Shifu.  He was given no information." he said raising his hands and bowing again.

Mo Yuans eyes held his gaze for a brief moment before he turned.  "Where have you placed Zhe Yan?" he asked.

"In the infirmary Shifu." he said remaining in a state of reverence as his head dipped down again.

Leaving him in his chamber to clean up, he quickly made his way towards to the infirmary while his mind moved to that man.  Geming was an advocate for both High and Low Realms, he did not affiliate himself to either side, but both sides used him as their go between, however, it soon became apparent which side he had chosen in the end, because he not only joined the battle, but he was clearly seen in their garb on their horses and very much a part of their infantry.  By the time he arrived at the Infirmary, he had already managed to anger himself that for a few minutes he remained outside the doors calming himself down.  The man had also been considered a friend so to lose him to the enemy was hurtful and it also meant there would be no more communication between the two sides.

Though he did wonder why he had bothered to show his face, and on his Mountain of all things.   The man certainly had gall, he was lucky Die Feng didn't kill him.

But eventually he calmed down enough to push the doors open and enter the small room which was dimly lit but enough to see clearly.  Only the moment he entered, he could see there was no one in the room other than Zhe Yan who was still unconscious.