Post War

Racing Deishi back to Kunlun Mountain, Mo Yuan once again found himself giving precious energy that he could not afford to lose.  And not knowing where Bai Qian was having missed seeing who had pulled her into a barrier, he was fearful her safety on top of Deishis injuries which were critical.

Having been the closest to Tengfei when he released his inner flame, one that Mo Yua knew would have cost him precious energy, Deishis injuries were life threatening.  By the time he got him back to Kunlun Mountain, not only was Zhe Yan ready for him, but Chang Shan had already prepared an assortment of pain relief and healing balms.

Taking one look at the man, Zhe Yan helped Mo Yuan to carry him directly to the Infirmary while ordering Chang Shan to fetch as much water as he could carry.  

The infirmary was a large well lit room, that utilized natural light from the bay windows which overlooked the North End of the Mountain in order to gain as much sunlight a possible.  Placing him as gently as they could onto the small observation table, Zhe Yan immediately opened his inner sight and energy to scan his body.  It took several minutes, but by the time he had finished, not only had Chang Shan arrived with the water and freshly made pain relief, but Die Feng had returned with the remainder of his juniors.

"Mo Yuan.  Leave Deishi with me, and go and check on the boys." he said, though more to get him out of the way.  He was hovering too close and wasn't helping him at all.

"Alright, but I want a full report when you're done." he said quietly as he looked down at a man he had known since they were children.

From the moment he had stepped foot onto Kunlun Mountain seeking tutelage from his father, Mo Yuan Bai Zhi and Zhe Yan had instantly liked him.  Not as tall as Mo Yuan, he was stocky and well built but what he brought with him was charm and humour.  The young Deishi instantly charmed his way into their lives with jokes, laughter and untold mischief and in no time at all, he became a friend.

Through the years, their friendship grew, and he more than proved his friendship on the battlefield having saved his life more times than he could remember and in turn Mo Yuan had saved him just as many times if not more.  But the day Mo Yuan became The War God, Deishi pledged his allegiance to him and to him alone, an oath that he took very seriously.

And this was proven during the Demon Wars when Deishi literally put his life on the line to save him when the Demons Overlord aimed her most powerful weapon directly at him.  Had Deishi not pushed him out of the way to take the hit directly, Mo Yuan would have died having already weakened.

The hit Deishi took almost took his life. He had been so close to death, that it took the fungal grass,  half of Bai Zhis cultivation and Zhe Yans exceptional medical skills to save him.  That day saw Mo Yuan silently pledge an oath of his own to protect the man at all cost.  He was the only non High God that did not have to bow to him, and nor was he subject to the rules of rank, he referred to Mo Yuan by name not title.

"Do whatever you need to do Zhe Yan, and if it is something I can help with, then by all means let me know." he said backing out the room to tend to his Disciples whom he could hear.

The sound of soft crying immediately met him the moment they came into view, but the look on Die Fengs face soon had Deishi pushed from his mind and his heart sinking as three bodies were being laid out before before his Platform.

Stumbling forward, he fell to his knees as their faces came into view. 

 Qi, a boy from the East, one who had been with him for over thirty thousand years and a child he had loved from the moment he arrived.  A highly intelligent child with a mind to rival even his own when he had been that age, in fact, Mo Yuan had been considering training him for his own mantel.