Days of Healing

For the next two weeks, Bai Qian alternated her time between assisting Zhe Yan with Deishis care and her own people who were still in mourning.  But with another war looming, she also spent much of her time discussing it with Deishi.  Mo Yuan who was still in meditation was who she really needed to discuss it with, unfortunately did not show himself, but with Deishis enormous knowledge on Tengfei, how he operated and the kinds of beasts he controlled, a strategy began to come together based on her own belief that no strategy should be created, or rather, not one he would expect.

Every day that she was there, she assisted in washing him, massaging his limbs and creating his medications with Chang Shans help.  And bit by bit, their friendship grew.  She talked of her childhood, her dreams for her people and her fears that this third war would bring for them.  But she also spoke of her desire to see her empire expand now that they were on the world stage.  

"Many of the Leaders are still sending correspondence and want me to take over the running of this war." she said frowning at him.  "I know there is much that I can give to make their lives easier, but I do not think heading a war is the way to go about it." she added quite adamantly.

"Unfortunately, you are already involved, so it is really just taking one step further." he replied gently.  He knew she had been forced into the war because of circumstance and was loath to continue, but she had far more to offer than just war assistance.  Her people lived a wealthy life not based on wealth.  This is something that many did not understand.  One did not need vast riches to live happily, they merely needed to have the interest of the entire Tribe at heart.  From there, everything else fell into place.

"Yes I am." she agreed wryly.  "Though, I am not sure how many of my people will be willing to follow me into another war.  They are a peaceful people by nature, and already many have informed me that they are not willing to return to the battlefield.  Too many of our young people lost their lives, parents are not willing to risk the ones they have left.  I would be nothing but a hypocrite if I lead a war that my own people were not a part of." she said sitting heavily beside him.

Resting against several large plush pillows, Deishi reached out and took hold of her hand.   He knew nothing about running an Empire but he imagined it must be similar to leading vast armies.  But the stress he could see on her face when she talked of her people, ones she obviously loved very much, had him swinging his legs over the side of the bed to stand.

"Deishi, you can't get up.  Zhe Yan hasn't given you permission." she said before quickly snatching her hand back to push him down onto the pillows.

Resisting, he suddenly snatched hold of her hands and lightly dragged her towards him.  "I don't take orders from Zhe Yan." he said softly.

"Is that so!"  Zhe Yans stern voice came from behind and forcing her to jump back.

"Zhe Yan.  Don't sneak up on people like that!" she snapped before turning towards Deishi, who seemed to have changed his mind about leaving his bed.

Not only did he just as quickly throw his legs back up onto to the bed and lie back down, but the there was a definite hint of fear in those eyes that she couldn't help but giggle at him.  Like her, Deishi knew just how scary Zhe Yan could be when his patients misbehaved and not wanting to risk the mans ire, he said nothing as the Medicine God ordered Bai Qian from the room for a little talk.

Quickly backing away, she nodded her head at both men before quickly making a hasty exit, though the moment before her feet passed through the doorway, then a privacy barrier went up behind her.  Knowing what kind of talk he was going to give Deishi, she did not stick around for the fireworks, instead she made her way to the Hall where the battle formations were.