The Scroll

Leading her back to the East Wall which was becoming a favoured site for her, Mo Yuan sat her down on the bench seat as the sunset began to gather overhead.  He had spent many nights sitting in the that exact spot watching what he had thought was the most beautiful view ever to bless Kunlun Mountain, but as he watched her smile up at the red and orange hues dancing above her head, he realized he had only ever looked up.

"I don't think I have ever seen a more beautiful sight." he said softly as he took hold of her hand.

Then watching as the smile grew wider having thought he was speaking of the sunset, he did something he had been wanting to do for some time.

In the past, Mo Yuan had never had to seek a womans affections, they had always come to him, but this woman was different.  He knew she enjoyed his company, their long conversations and the even longer silences,  but other than the soft blushes and sweet smiles, she had made no move or showed any desire to take their friendship further, and that had him wondering how she felt about him, because he knew for a fact that he was liking her more and more each day.

  But the reaction of his General who he knew would not hesitate in snatching her out from under him, had Mo Yuan doing something he had not done in thousands of years, because suddenly and unexpectedly she had awoken a desire he thought he would never feel again.

Gently raising her hand to his face, he kissed the tips of her fingers.  It was purposely slow and sensual, and also very intimate, which he hoped would leave her in no doubt as to his desire for her.

For a very long moment, the smile froze on her face, her gaze remained skyward and her breath caught in the back of her throat as the tingle from the slow drag of his lips across each fingertip began to warm her from the inside out.

"Qian Qian.  Look at me." he whispered down at her.

Slowly her head turned.  Her eyes were misting over, but the smile was beginning to fade as her other hand hovered over her lips to look back at him in wonder.  Her heart felt as if it were to beat any faster, it would explode out of her chest, but as her eyes fell on the soft tender depths of his eyes, her heart seemed to stop altogether.  This was a look she had never seen from him before, but the longer she held his gaze, the softer his eyes became, and suddenly the warmth from deep within he belly, began to spread.

But as his soft eyes held hers, his own heart felt as if it would burst.  Never had he wanted a woman more than that moment.  The way her beautiful large doe like eyes softened under his tender gaze, the way her hair caught the red and orange hues of the sunset which only highlighted the loveliness of her eyes and the way she looked at him with a curious innocence that only seemed to deepen the soft blush on her cheeks, had him moving closer to her.

"For millennia my heart has beat solely for the safety and peace of our entire world.  I never allowed myself the freedom for selfish desires because I thought my fate, my destiny was meant only to serve.  And so I denied myself the one thing that I had once thought was not for me while ensuring that the worlds people were given every opportunity to pursue it freely." he said softly down at her upturned face which was fully focused on him.

"My life has been filled with all measures of joy and I am grateful for every experience it has given me, however it is only now that I realize it was never really full. These past few weeks with you, have seen the desire that all hearts long for, fully open.  These past few weeks have been the happiest I have been in a very long time Qian Qian.  I find myself now wanting what everyone else has and it is my greatest hope that you feel the same way, because you have touched a part of me that no other woman has ever come close to." he said as he then took both of her hands into his own to await her response.