The World Mourns

Arriving on Kunlun Mountain with her parents for a quick healing session with Zhe Yan, Bai Qian should have known it wouldn't be a quick affair.  The moment her feet hit the entrance, the sounds of a small Bell being tolled by one of the younger children, soon had her feet stopping in mid stride.

"What is happening?" she asked the little boy who was dressed in a hemp robe of pure white, his hair was unbound and his head was hung low.  But with the sad expression on his face, her heart immediately dropped to her stomach.  It was obvious they were in mourning.

Not waiting for the child to answer, all three raced into the Grand Hall before coming to a stand still.  Before them, the Disciples were all bowed, the soft sounds of weeping could be heard from a few, and like the child outside, they too were wearing the same harsh clothed gown with their hair unbound.

But the sight of Mo Yuan on the floor with his head bowed and his lips moving slightly was all she needed to see.  Immediately all three moved forward until the faces of the fallen came into view.

But the sight of Cheng Bao laid out in a robe of royal blue with his hair unbound hit her hard.  She had really liked this particular Disciple.  He was one of the very first to welcome her to the mountain. His easy going manner and light hearted banter endeared everyone to him.  

Sadly she too lowered herself slowly to her knees knowing she too would have to face the same ordeal the moment she returned to Qing Qiu.  And having already been away for too long already, she could not hold them off too much longer, her people also needed her.

She wasn't sure if Mo Yuan noticed their arrival or not, but Zhe Yan did.  Within a few minutes, he was beside them on the floor also offering a few silent words of peace for their souls before quietly turning to her mother.

"One of our people has just left.  Funerals are being organized as we speak." he said softly so only she could hear him.

"I know.  We are here only to have you assess Qian Qian.  She was injured severely, but Di Jun attended to her.  We'll then return to Qing Qiu." she said just as softly.

So tapping Bai Qians shoulder, Zhe Yan quietly led the Bai Family from the Hall to his own chamber.   He did not want her to see Deishi knowing that to do so might stall her return, but he did give her a thorough assessment.  Looking at the wounds, he was quite impressed with Di Juns healing skills.  The sword wounds were all closed, and the back of her head where she had been hit was no longer bothering her because Di Jun removed the deadly energy that was swirling about her head.  

"Had he not removed it as quickly as he did, you would have died." he said softly before ordering her to dress.

But something was bothering her.  As much in a hurry as her parents, Zhe Yans rushed assessment was far too quick and she didn't think it was just because she needed to be at home for her people.

Most of the war had already returned to her memories, and she already knew that the Spider was dead but Tengfei was not and knowing now how ruthless an enemy he was, she also knew there would be another war.

She also knew that Mo Yuan was well, but the sight of three of his children lying dead was heartbreaking enough, though not knowing the funeral rituals of Kunlun  Mountain she had no idea how long it would take.  Some Tribes held funerals for up to a month whereas Qing Qiu took only three days.  It allowed ample time with the departed before burial without the added stress of catering to visitors or even accommodating them.

But as her mind went through everyone that had left with her, her mind suddenly fell on the one man who was also important to her.   Though not really sure of where exactly he was from, and not having seen him in the Hall with Mo Yuan, she assumed that he too had returned home to deal with his own dead.