Decisions

With just a little under a week before Mo Yuan was due to leave meditation, Bai Qian and Deishi continued to work on the model between state visits to many of the Leaders who had sent her missives requesting her assistance with the war.

Tengfei too had been seen in the Realms but from what their sources had informed them, was he was not a well man.  He looked exhausted and weak and nor did he meet with his allies any longer than necessary before leaving with a retinue of men who at times had to assist him with cloud jumping.

"That little stunt he pulled, cost him most of his cultivation.  He must have loved that Princess a great deal to lose his head over her like that." Deishi said which had her looking at him in interest.

"Then perhaps this war will not go ahead?" she said hopefully.  She was dreading a third war just as much as everyone else and it would also mean that Mo Yuan could gather his cultivation back at a more reasonable pace. It would also mean she could interrupt him and pull him out earlier.

Since her talk with Zhe Yan, her mind had dwelt heavily on both Mo Yuan and Deishi.  Mo Yuan was the one she felt the most comfortable with.  His quiet and calm way of dealing with everything was what initially drew her to him, but as the weeks progressed and their friendship grew, she began to feel much deeper emotions for him.  Sunsets would always remind her of him.  The memory of their shared kisses, the embraces and then the love making suddenly had her blushing wildly.  He made her feel things that were new, exciting and so heavenly that she almost walked out of the Hall to drag him from his dais.

But she didn't, instead her mind then moved to Deishi.  He brought on a set of emotions that were completely different.  In him, there was a definite element of danger, fiery passion and even a hint of brutality, which not only excited her, but the the sudden thought of what making love to him would be like soon had her feeling so weak at the knees that she instantly turned to face him.  

She had always had the ability to thoroughly lose herself to her thoughts, and the way her eyes glazed over had Deishi smiling knowingly at the blushing cheeks that suddenly and without any help from him, turned his way.

"Now what could have put that look on your face?" he asked slowly closing the gap between them.

Stammering in embarrassment at having been caught with her thoughts on full display, she quickly ducked her head as he quietly placed a hand on her shoulder.  A small shiver ran down the full length of her spine as he then pulled her into his arms.  This was the moment he had been waiting for.  He did not normally make the first move, but that look on her face was one he had seen countless times, and he instantly took it to mean she was now seeing him as more than just a close friend.

The blush deepened, her thoughts scattered and her hands instantly raised to his chest fully prepared to push him away, but the embrace could not have been any more gentler and nor his voice any softer as his arms tightened about her waist.

"Give me a chance.  Let me show you how much I care about you." he said softly down at the sudden rush of tears that were filling her eyes.

His long black hair was spilling down over her arms, his eyes softened to a rich golden brown and the way his face suddenly moved in towards her own as they slowly began to disappear behind his lids, took every last lingering thought from her mind as his lips gently pressed against her own.

It was tentative at first.  A cautionary kiss with a slight hint of wariness edged in fire.  For a moment, time stood still as he tested the water.  It had been a very long time since Deishi had been the one seeking that first kiss, the women always threw themselves at him, which had him momentarily stumbling.  But no sooner had the softness of her lips and the sweet fragrance from her hair hit him, then a much stronger and passionate kiss took its place.  His lips were full, soft and very skilled as he slowly raised the passion.  Sliding ever so slowly across the width of her mouth until he had full possession of it, he expertly forced it open before slipping his tongue inside.