Qing Qiu's Heart

Drenched in sweat and trembling, Mo Yuans eyes opened.  His heart was pounding in his chest as a dream of silky flesh, soft pliable lips and the sweet taste of peach blossom fragrance remained very much in his mind, but not wanting to lose it, he allowed his mind to linger on her a little longer.  It had been centuries since he'd had a dream like that and the sudden urge to run to her was so strong that his hands fisted tightly until they hurt.

Turning to look out the window, the first rays of a new dawn were just breaking, and knowing Deishi would be up preparing for the arrival of the first round of Qing Qius recruits, he sighed deeply.  

For a moment, his mind delved back into the past.  Deishis torrid love affairs were legendary and if any man was going to snatch her out from under him, it would be him.  He had a way with words, actions, gestures that drew all women to him.  And though they all loved him, he didn't think he had ever found that elusive feeling that one gets when they find something so beautiful, they can't let it go.  

He too had yet to find it, but he knew he was very close.  He'd had had many women over the years, but none had ever moved him enough to want to fight for them.  That he had already made a move on her, Mo Yuan knew he was going to have to work harder if he was going keep her, because he had no intention of letting her go. 

Especially after a dream like that.  No woman had come close to giving him that kind of dream and not just the act of passion either.  He would never have considered entering her chamber let alone allowing her to find him sitting at the edge of her bed  asleep.  But just the image of himself waiting at the edge of her bed, because he wanted to be near her, to see her eyes open, for him to be the first one she saw when he did,  told him that subconsciously this was what he wanted.

Groaning, he forced himself to rise.  The next two weeks would be busier than usual.  His Disciples needed him, Deishi needed him as did Zhe Yan, though with Bai Zhen still on the Mountain and Zhe Zhe coming and going, Bai Qian had more time and it was time he was going to have to find if he was to make any progress with her.

Throwing on a bed robe, he made his way to the hot springs.  Meditation had done him good, he had managed to increase his cultivation sufficiently, though it was nowhere near what it was, but he was feeling much better for it, and the hot springs would offer more vitality because they drew a part of the mountains divine energy that only filled the water.  Though the moment he arrived, he was pleasantly surprised to find Zhe Yan in one of the smaller pools, resting against the edge with his eyes closed.

Just from where he was standing, he could see his wound had healed well.  They were no longer packing the site, instead the medicine king had closed it having deemed him well enough to manage his bodys healing himself.  Though the scar would remain.  It was not pleasant to look at, the scorpions barb wasn't just created to kill, but to also maim should its victim survive.

Not wanting to disturb him, he moved to an adjacent pool before slowly entering.  The water was hot but he did not allow the sting of its heat to deter him.  Instead he continued in while his entire body trembled from the sharpness at it hit him.  But it was what he needed to let the last of his dream go in order for his mind to dwell on the day ahead.

And so for a time, he sat in the swirl of hot water and steam relishing the energy he was drawing into himself as his mind once again went over the new formations Deishi and Bai Qian had worked out in his absence.  Lost to his thoughts, some time passed before they were eventually interrupted.

"Have you decided on how you plan to use Qing Qius recruits?"  Zhe Yans soft voice asked just as he was preparing himself to leave.

Not turning, his eyes opened briefly to look at him.  He was facing the man who had not moved, but had been watching him for some time.  Other than Deishi, Zhe Yan was perhaps the only other that understood his mind when war took his thoughts.  He could see he was worried, and so he should be, Tengfei was no mere fledgling, he was dangerous and evil to the core.  If he had the ability to destroy it all, he would if it meant a win.  But even though they now had the numbers to even out the battle, Zhe Yan could see the concern etched across his brow.  The extra numbers meant nothing if his new recruits did not have the experience with Tengfeis army.  They were vicious and deadly, but Qing Qiu was his people, so this war was also his worry about.