Chapter 2 - In The Mansion

You woke up confused, unsure on where you were. But as the memories of meeting Sally, fighting Jess, and getting knocked out cold by the faceless woman came flooding back, you became worried. You looked around the room you were in. It definitely wasn't your room, and as you began to get up, you heard voices from outside the door.

(??): A human? Is he hot?

(??): Benny! Is that all you think about?!

(??): What? I've gotta know!

It came to your attention that you'd been stripped of all of your gear, and you were lying in just your pants and the black shirt you were wearing the night before. None of your things were present in the room. You listened to the voices.

(??): So Slenda brought him back? That doesn't sound like something she'd do.

Slenda? Is that the faceless woman's name? Weird, you thought.

(??): That's what I've been told.

(??): Who'd you hear that from?

(??): Jess was going on about it last night.

(??): Do you think its true?

(??): Jess was pretty pissed, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

(??): I've gotta know who this guy is now!

There wasn't much you could use as a weapon, so if it came down to it, you'd have to fight barehanded. As you looked at your arms, your left arm was bandaged and felt a lot better than it did last night. You lifted up your shirt, and your side was bandaged as well.

After making sure that everything was alright, you walked to a window to see if there were any clues as to where you were. As you gazed out, you saw trees, and not much else. You were definitely somewhere in the woods, not that it took a genius to figure that much out.

(Y/n): This must be the mansion Sally was talking about.

You then heard a knock on the door.

Sally: Are you awake yet?

You turned your head. Either they had good hearing, or you were too loud. Slowly and cautiously, you responded.

(Y/n): Y-Yeah. But why am I here?

Sally opened the door, followed by the faceless woman. A shiver went down your spine.

(??): You're here because you're one of the few humans to ever put up a fight against one of our own. And the first to ever beat one of us.

(??): My name is Slenda.

(Y/n): I-I see. I'm-

Slenda: (F/n) (L/n), I know.

(First name, last name.)

You looked at her, confused. You could've sworn you'd done a decent job of hiding your identity, but then it hit you. Sally went to your school. You knew she looked familiar.

3 Months Ago...

(T/n = Teacher's name)

(T/n): Students, we have a new student joining our school today. It can be tough getting to know people when you join halfway through the year, so I'd like for you all to give her a warm welcome. Go ahead and introduce yourself, Sally.

Sally: Hi, my name is Sally Williams, and I hope that I get to know all of you, and make plenty of friends.

The usual friendly girl act, you thought.

She made her way to the empty seat next to you. She took a moment to lay her supplies out, before she cleared her throat and turned to you.

Sally: So what's your name? I figure if I'm going to sit here, I should get to know you.