Chapter 56 - An Unlikely Outcome

Phantom: Hello again (Y/n).

You could feel a lump forming in your throat. You didn't think things could get any worse. That was, until you were face to face with your doppelganger.

Phantom: Not in a talking mood, are we? No matter.

He walked across the room.

Phantom: She isn't lying. She can't see me. Only you can, which means that Slenda is still in there.

He pointed to your chest.

Phantom: Not just her, either. Have you ever stopped and thought about just how many you've killed since our last fight? How many have died?

(Y/n): You're not supposed to be here.

Phantom: Yet here I am.

He walked to where Jess and Jane were laying.

Phantom: The most recent fight has left everyone injured, and a few of your friends in critical condition.

He then looked back.

Phantom: And now, you're going to die as well.

(Y/n): Are you here to rub my face in it?

Phantom: If I wanted to, I would've done so already. You really are an idiot. Had I not let my arrogance get the best of me, you surely would have died in that mansion.

(Y/n): But I killed you, and for good reason.

Phantom: You were the first to break our code. Did you forget who you were living with?

You stayed silent.

Phantom: And now, Zalga is likely going to come here and kill all of you.

(Y/n): But they took your soul out... I should be ok, right?

Phantom: No, your clock is still ticking.

Your hand was still the blue-ish color. He was right.

(Y/n): Why are you here, why are you speaking to me?

Phantom: You made the call to drag me out of there. Do you know what it's like to have your soul absorbed?

(Y/n): I don't. But you deserved it, the things you've done.

Phantom: It's comparable to being put into a deep slumber, but you don't know that you're actually asleep. I thought I'd moved on to the afterlife, but when Lazari and her sister "woke" me up, I realized I was wrong.

(Y/n): I can't believe they pulled the wrong soul out.

Phantom: Unfortunately, I still have bad news for you.

(Y/n): What? Do you have some plan to take over and kill me?

Phantom: No. Everyone you've ever killed, and everyone that has ever died in your arms is in there. Think about that.

Though you didn't want to, you stopped for a moment. You have killed quite a few proxies since you put the poor bastard down. But why mention people dying? Then it hit you.

(Y/n): Do you mean-?

Phantom: Yes. She's in there too. You didn't put up much of a fight against Zalga. I'm disappointed.

(Y/n): Once Slenda died, I-

Phantom: You let your emotions take over. Those same emotions led you here, to this fate.

(Y/n): I doubt you would do any better.

Phantom: If I had my emotions under control, you would be dead.