Chapter 18 - A Problem Solved

Johnny: Let's take them down, guys.

Johnny counted a total of seven people, the girl included. That didn't seem like too much of a problem, his crew had faced more in the past. If anything, them being outnumbered would be in his favor.

Then again, he did have a crew of twelve. He looked at them, very confident in their ability to fight. They came out from their hiding places and confronted the girl's squad. She glanced over, before saying,

Nina: Oh, what's this? A clone of that vigilante?

Johnny: Clones? I'm one of a kind, but we help the man himself out.

Nina: How so?

Johnny: By wiping out you crazy bastards.

Nina laughed.

Nina: The proxies? You think taking a few of them down will do anything to stop us?

Johnny: Nah, but taking you out will.

Nina: What are you so confident about boy? What do you have that could stop me?

Johnny: I've watched Night kick some ass, watched closely, you know? So I picked up on a little bit of that.

Nina: But you aren't the Nightstalker himself, you stand no chance. But hear my offer, join us and I'll spare you and your friends.

Johnny: What? I'm not gonna betray him like that. You're crazy!

Nina: Then I guess your friends will die.

The proxies raised their weapons, and Nina examined her knife.

Nina: I'm going to enjoy presenting your head to him.

Johnny: It'll be fun telling him that we kicked your team's ass.

Nina laughed again, and rushed Johnny with the knife. He wasn't able to react as she kicked him straight to the ground. He got up quickly, and she said,

Nina: I thought you said you were just as good as the Nightstalker.

Johnny: I've only watched him do stuff before.

Nina: Then this will be easy.

Johnny's team was fighting the proxies, and so far it looked like both teams were even. The proxies were relentless, but the crew was composed of people who had been in many fights, and could take a hit or two. He smiled.

Johnny: What are you waiting for? Show me what you're made of!

He threw a swing, but Nina dodged and punched him in the gut. He felt the hit, and it hurt.

Nina: You're a lot slower...

Johnny threw an uppercut, and Nina stepped back.

Nina: And a lot less coordinated than the Nightstalker.

He was mad. He wasn't trying to be compared to you, but Nina kept running her mouth.

Johnny: The freak I fought two days ago hit harder than you do.

He kicked Nina in the arm, slightly stumbling her. She was getting bored, and wanted to fight you. She kicked Johnny square in the jaw, but he caught her leg, and threw her to the ground. That caught her by surprise, and in turn infuriated her.

Johnny: That was pretty good, eh?

Nina: A lucky shot at best.

Two members of Johnny's crew had already been injured, and had to retreat. None of the proxies were hurt. Nina slashed Johnny's arm, and he let out a yelp.