Chapter 41 - A Change For The Better Pt. 3

The Rake had you pinned to the ground, but not for long. You quickly shoved her off and prepared yourself for combat. She slowly circled you, as she was aware of the threat you posed. She seemed much smarter than the Rake that you'd killed a long time ago.

But where the fuck did you come from?, You thought.

She seemed confused as well, as she kept sniffing the air. You wondered if you were what she came for. When you heard movement from another tree, you realized that you might have walked into an ambush.

You shot a fireball at the Rake, and she dodged out of the way. She didn't make any attempt at attacking, and seemed as if she was studying you. It gave you the creeps, but you figured it'd be an easy kill if she didn't attack.

You teleported directly behind her, and put her into a hold. She threw her head back, and as it made contact with the bridge of your nose, you let her go. She ran to a tree and began to climb it, only for you to open a portal above her.

Since she was going so quickly, she went through it, and the portal led back to you. She couldn't stop herself, and ran straight into a roundhouse.

She screeched, and she sounded much more human than the evil fucker you filled with lead a while back. She threw a claw at you, but you caught it, and from there you brought her face to your knee.

She dropped to the ground, holding her jaw, and you swore that you'd heard her whimpering. It made you feel bad, but you brushed it off, walking towards the Rake.

When she noticed you getting closer, she cowered in fear and slowly moved away. You grabbed one of her arms, and as you looked her in the eyes, you felt horrible. Her face was bruised, and blood was rushing from her nose.

Her eyes were widened and filled with terror. Her lip quivered as you looked to the ground. She seemed much more human than you'd initially thought, so you spoke to her. In a soft and caring tone, you asked,

(Y/n): Can you understand me?

She nodded her head, and you crouched down. You were getting impatient, but calmly, you asked,

(Y/n): What did you come here for?

The Rake didn't answer, and looked to a tree in the distance. She sniffed the air once more before attempting to get up. You stopped her, and examined the tree. It was large and had plenty of leaves, which would make for good cover if someone were to hide in it.

(Y/n): You're searching for someone, aren't you?

You grabbed her by the shoulder, and put a hand to her head. She hissed, and it seemed as if your hand was burning her. You remembered making a proxy serve you, and wondered if it would work on the Rake. Your eye, as well as the symbol on your eye patch, glowed white as you said,

(Y/n): You are no longer a servant of Zalga's. You will live with and work for the girls in the mansion and I. Failure to do so will result in a gruesome death, am I understood?

You pulled your hand away. For a second she stared at the ground, shaking, until she lifted her head. She nodded, and bowed. You then said,

(Y/n): Lead me to whoever you were searching for.

The Rake darted to the tree she had looked at earlier, and pointed up. You heard a scream, and to your surprise, it was Madison.

Madison: Go away! Get out of here!

You looked up, and spotted her crouching on a branch.

(Y/n): She won't hurt you, you're safe to leave the tree.