Chapter 37 - A Desperate Escape

You had to choose, and you got the feeling that you didn't have a chance of escaping your fate. You would need both arms and legs, and you would definitely miss your tongue. So it had to be one of your eyes.

Phantom: So what will it be?

(Y/n): There's no getting out of this, is there?

Phantom: There are some things that can't be avoided.

You didn't answer, and he put a hand to your head.

Phantom: The eye huh? That works for me.

He pulled your combat knife from behind his back.

Phantom: Do you remember when you stuck this into my neck?

He began to heat it up using his flames.

Phantom: Well, I think that I want a little bit of payback for that.

He brought the knife which was red hot close to your face. Zalga looked intrigued, and moved closer to get a better look.

Phantom: Which eye?

(Y/n): Left! My left eye.

He raised an eyebrow, and then jabbed the tip of the hot blade into your right eye. You screamed, and started shaking.

He sunk the knife about half an inch deep, and then pulled it out. The pain was unbearable, and you were hyperventilating. He grunted, before speaking.

Phantom: My bad, was that your left or my left?

He then cut right above your eye, and dragged the blade from your eyebrow to the bottom of your eye. It left a large diagonal gash on the right side of your face, and it split your eye completely.

Phantom: Their reaction will be unfavorable. But you'll adapt. It is your talent, our talent.

He then jammed two of his fingers into your right eye socket, and you could feel him pinch something as you screamed in agony.

You'd lost eyesight in your right eye a while ago, and you heard a sickening snap as he pulled the eyeball out. Blood was pouring out of the socket, and you were beginning to lose consciousness. He slapped you across the face, sending blood flying.

Phantom: Don't tell me you're done already? We're not finished.

You just stayed silent, and glared at him with the remaining eye.

Phantom: I like the new look. You will overcome this, I know you don't plan on giving up.

Zalga: Hmm, I sense a disturbance in the woods. Somebody came for him.

Phantom: Maybe I can take their eyes too.

He set the eyeball on the floor, and pointed it towards you.

Phantom: You and I overcame many obstacles to achieve victory.

He then stomped on it and dragged his foot on the floor. What remained was a white and red pile of gooey flesh.

Phantom: This is one of those obstacles.

Zalga: We must check the disturbance, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole mansion came looking for him.

Phantom: As you wish.

She left the basement, and he took a moment before following.

Phantom: We may not be friends, but as I stated earlier, we share a similar goal.

You didn't say anything.

Phantom: As the saying goes, "Everything happens for a reason".

He turned to you.