Chapter 53 - Following Through Pt. 2

Zalga: So you've returned.

(Y/n): I have, and I know what I'm here for. But this time, you don't have nearly enough proxies to stop us.

Slenda: Think, Zalga. Think for once instead of stroking your ego.

(Y/n): You're outnumbered. Not just that, but "outgunned" as well.

Slenda: This is your last chance to hand them over.

Zalga: I could handle you and your lackeys any day, Slenda.

Slenda: Your call. You let your ego get in the way, again.

Slenda and a few of the other girls prepared themselves, before slowly approaching Zalga. You called for a small group.

The group itself consisted of Sally, Jill, Scaria, Lazari, Stripes, The Rake, and Angel.

(Y/n): I don't know what Zalga is up to, but it wouldn't surprise me if she decided to off those two. I need all of you to go in there and get them. The rest of us will hold her off until then.

Angel: Keeping all of the fun to yourselves? Don't go too crazy while we're gone.

Sally ran to you and gave you a hug.

Sally: Be careful, all of you.

(Y/n): We will.

You sent the group off, and Zalga immediately directed her attention towards them. She moved to intercept them when she was stopped with a swift kick to the head. She turned, only to see Slenda waiting there, tendrils at the ready. She was infuriated, and she spoke with pure hatred.

Zalga: It's about time I ended you.

Slenda: Come on then, let's make this a fight to remember.

You rushed to Slenda's aid, and fought with the rest of the girls. Zalga herself seemed very resistant to most of the physical attacks you hit her with.

Tami threw one of her hatchets at her head, only for Zalga to catch it with her forearm. Even then, although it was lodged in there, it didn't seem like she was bleeding.

Tami: I d-didn't know her skin w-was this thick!

(Y/n): Either way, your hatchet is in her arm, we just have to keep attacking.

Even with how outnumbered she was, Zalga was more than capable of handling herself. When Jane ran at her in an attempt to go for her ankles, Zalga grabbed her by the leg and threw her at three of the other girls.

This caused them to be knocked onto the ground. Slenda used her tendrils to grab ahold of Zalga's arm. The demon took notice immediately, and grabbed the tendrils holding her.

She yanked them towards herself, causing Slenda to be pulled in her direction. Once she was close enough, Zalga delivered a skull shattering headbutt, which in turn caused Slenda to let go.

But not before she used the tendrils to break something of Zalga's. She couldn't hurt her entire wrist, but she was able to break a few fingers. She hissed in pain, and conjured a ball of what seemed like pure dark energy.

Jess: What's she doing?

Masky: Nothing good!

Hoodie: Get out of the way!

Those two dove for the ground, while you made a fireball of your own. You shot it towards Zalga, who used the dark energy to negate it. Not only did her projectile destroy your fireball, it kept going. You quickly rolled out of the way, and heard it hit some of the field behind you.