Chapter 62 - Epilogue, So What Now? [MAIN STORY FINALE]

One Week Later...

You woke up in a strange room. A room with white painted walls, and a set of medical tools lying around.

You would soon realize that you were in a hospital room. Except, it didn't seem like a normal hospital. It seemed oddly familiar, though you weren't sure why. You felt a burning pain in your chest, and lifted the blanket that laid on top of you.

Wrapped around your upper chest were bandages. Why they were there was beyond you. You squeezed your hands. Once. Twice.

They were still there, so you assumed that you were given something to numb whatever pain you felt. Your hands were the same color they had always been.

Not that you expected anything else, though the atmosphere in the room felt strange.

You heard footsteps, and remained quiet.

Soon, a woman with grey-ish skin in a black nurse's outfit came to you. She also wore a black mask and an eye patch.

The look on her face (or rather, in her eye) was one of surprise and happiness. She put her hands to her masked mouth, before rushing out of the room. She called some name on the way out.

It wasn't one you recognized, as far as you knew. But something about it seemed familiar. As if you were once very close to the individual.

The nurse's appearance was... Strange, to say the least. There seemed to be what looked like stitches around her neck, which suggested to you that her head might have been taken off at some point.

The thought was a frightening one, but there was no denying the joyful expression she had when she saw you. So you assumed that she didn't mean any harm. At least, for the time being.

You laid back, before yawning. As you went to rub your face, you ran your hand over your right eye, only to feel a solid surface.

You touched it once more, and came to realize that you were also wearing an eye patch.

You sighed, and looked to your right.

On a metallic tray, there was a glass of water, and a sticky note. There seemed to be something written on it.

Letting your curiosity take over, you grabbed the note and read it to yourself.

(Y/n): "Sorry about the eye, there wasn't much I could do about that. But I think you'll be more than happy with what I- No, we were able to accomplish." Written by.... Phantom?

It was a peculiar name, but you assumed that the guy was either a friend of yours or the nurse's. Speaking of the nurse, you could hear the sound of her opening the doors.

After that, a pair of footsteps followed. She sat down, and looked in the direction of a rather tall figure, who eventually took a seat as well.

Her appearance was more than unsettling. She seemed to be missing a few facial features, yet still sported a warm smile. Despite her friendly attitude, you felt uneasy.

She brushed her long black hair behind her ear. Your feelings of unease were soon put to rest once you heard her voice. It was like that of an angel, or maybe a siren.

(??): Hello (Y/n).

You jumped.

(Y/n): (Y/n)?

(??): That is your name, isn't it?

(Y/n): I... I think so. I'm not sure.

She giggles.