Chapter 52 - Following Through Pt. 1

About half an hour had passed, and Slenda gave a light knock on the door before entering the room.

(Y/n): How did asking them go?

Slenda: The girls agreed to help, they're ready when you are.

(Y/n): That's good. Tell them to get ready.

Lazari jumped from the bed.

Lazari: Sweet! I can't wait to see those three again.

Slenda looked at you.

Do you think we should bring her along? She asked.

You nodded in response.

(Y/n): This shouldn't take too long.

Scaria, Stripes, and The Rake all prepared themselves while you and Slenda left the room. As you walked to the manor, she expressed feelings of concern.

Slenda: I know that the girls are trained, and we have an army, but let's not forget who we're going against. She hasn't made a move in a while, aside from, you know.

(Y/n): I do. We're not there to hunt her down. Not yet at least. We're there to retrieve Lazari's three friends.

Slenda: But what comes after that?

(Y/n): Well, after we take them, she should only have a few proxies left. But Lazari did mention a third sister.

You looked at her and shrugged.

(Y/n): But one person can't make that much of a difference, right?

Slenda: You were one person, and look at what you've done.

(Y/n): That's true. Alright, we'll take this slowly, one step at a time.

Slenda: That's all I ask.

(Y/n): So who's coming along?

Slenda: Everyone, just like last time.

(Y/n): And the proxies?

Slenda: We could bring them along. But do you think you could keep track of all 45 of them?

(Y/n): If we all made an effort to keep tabs on them, it shouldn't be too difficult. Though I don't think they're ready yet.

Slenda: They haven't trained for very long. It would be for the better if they stayed.

(Y/n): All right. We'll leave in an hour.

Slenda: First, you should go see Ann. She has something for you.

(Y/n): Ok.

You then left the manor, and made your way to the clinic. You opened the doors, and saw Ann holding a few syringes. She turned around, and greeted you.

Ann: Oh, hey (Y/n)!

(Y/n): Slenda sent me.

Ann: Good, good. Come here for a minute.

You got closer to Ann, who grabbed all four of the syringes she'd been working with. She then kissed you on the lips.

Ann: That was because it's been a while. But these are for something else.

(Y/n): A bunch of shots?

Ann: Sort of. Do you remember how much damage you sustained after that fight with Phantom?

(Y/n): I do. The scars are definitely there.

Ann: It was a lot. More than anyone should ever take. You were lucky to have even survived that encounter.