Chapter 6 - An Agreement

You had fallen back asleep, and when you woke up, you felt much better.

I guess Ann really does work miracles, You thought.

The conversation you had with Jess the night before flooded your mind. It annoyed you thinking about it at first, but after remembering the look Jess had on her face, you wanted to at least talk to her. You just weren't sure if you could walk or not.

(Y/n): Well, there's only one way to find out.

You sat up, and felt pain all over your chest. You looked over and saw a bottle of painkillers sitting on a small table. There was a note attached to the bottle.

Figured you might need these, hope they help.

You were sure that Ann left them for you. You popped the cap, took a couple, and within a minute the pain faded. You were able to stand, but you did have a bit of trouble walking. You figured you'd be fine in a day or two.

You saw a small mirror and walked towards it. When you looked at your reflection, you noticed that your shirt, jacket, and mask were missing, and were not present anywhere in the room.

(Y/n): Was I? I hope not...

Your pants were still on, thankfully.

You pocketed the rest of the painkillers and proceeded to open the door. When you did, you heard talking in the distance.

Must be the girls, You guessed.

You went to the laundry room and looked around for your clothing. It was nowhere to be found, but you then recalled the shirt being slashed, meaning it either got fixed or thrown away.

(Y/n): Damn, I liked that shirt.

Since your clothes weren't in the laundry room, you guessed that they were somewhere in your room. You walked down the hallway, listening for any signs of the others.

The voices were still chatting, but there weren't as many voices as there were girls last night. You had the feeling you were being watched. You quickly turned around, but didn't see anything.

(Y/n): Hmm...

It was then that something caught your eye. It was a strange mask, half black and half white, with a bright smile coming from the black side. Looking at her form, you could tell she was a female. She looked back at you, and spoke to you in a language you couldn't quite understand at first.

Kake-Gao: [I take it you're the one Jess faced against yesterday?]

She was speaking Japanese. Although you couldn't speak it fluently, you'd taken classes on it in school, since you didn't need classes on Spanish. You made an attempt to talk to her.

(Y/n): [That would be me, yes. Who's asking?]

Though she wore a mask, you knew she was surprised. She tilted her head to the side and said,

Kake-Gao: [You can understand me?]

You grinned.

So she speaks to those who don't understand her, huh? Two can play that game. You began to speak in Spanish.

(Y/n): {Yes, but the question is can you understand me?}

Now the grin wasn't glowing as bright. She was confused, and you knew she didn't understand a damn thing you just said. You talked to her in Japanese once more.

(Y/n): [It's not fun when you don't understand, is it?]

She simply nodded, and dropped from the ceiling.