tres

Arcelia didn't even wait a day to go over to Ruby's house to find out what happened that made Cesar come home all pissed.  She got ready to walk out of the house and was about to walk down the steps when Oscar stopped her.

"What the hell are you wearing?"

Arcelia looked down at her shorts, white shirt, and Vans before blankly looking to her brother.  "Clothes."

"A crop top and shorts don't count as clothes, put on a jacket."

"It's not even that revealing."  Arcelia groaned.  Oscar sent her a look and she sighed loudly before walking inside to get a jean jacket from her room.  She was not about to ruin her outfit by putting on a different shirt.

She walked out and Oscar was already looking towards the door.  He nodded and went back to talking before stopping her again.  "Put this on."  She felt something cold on her chest and looked down to see the Santos cross that he always wears.

"Why do I need this?  Are you trying to make me look ugly?"

Oscar scrunched his face and shook his head.  "Nah, you do that to yourself.  And it's so none of these Prophets mess with you."

"Everyone knows I'm your sister."

"Which is why they mess with you."  Oscar told her, patting her back.  Because of her small size, it ended up pushing her forward.  "Ten ciudado."

She just nodded and ventured her way to Ruby's house.  She didn't tell him she was coming, so she hoped he was home because Jamal's house was on the other side of her house. 

After a good 10 minutes, she unlocked his gate, closed it behind her and walked up the steps.  Arcelia rang the door bell and waited for it to be opened.  When it did open, Mario was on the otherside.  She kind of wish Ruby opened the door because she hates straining her neck to look up at everyone else.

Mario greeted her and opened the door for her to come in while also turning to yell, "Ruby, Celi está aqui." 

"Tell her to go away!"  She heard Ruby's muffled voice.

"He said to go inside."  Mario told her.  He walked to the kitchen while Arcelia went to knock on the door.

She heard an exaggerated groan and some footsteps until the door opened.  "Ugh, what do you want?"

"What happened yesterday?  Cesar won't tell me and now I'm left out of the loop of whatever's going on."

"Your brother ain't shit."

Arcelia furrowed her eyebrows and just stared at Ruby.  "Don't call him that.  Just tell me what the hell happened.  You guys wouldn't fight for no reason."

"No, it's true.  Your brother's been a bitch since Oscar came back.  If he would've just stayed in prison none of this would be happening.  What he needs to do is stop lying and what you need to do is mind your business."

"Ruby, I don't even know what you're talking about!  What the hell happened yesterday that pissed you both off so much?  And why are you getting mad at me for?  I didn't do shit!"

"Cesar and his stupid mouth happened.  He just keeps talking and you keep asking questions.  Mind your business!"

"You guys are my friends, this is my business!"

"Then go find new friends!"

Arcelia stood in silence, staring at Ruby as he panted from all the yelling.  "What?"

"Go find some new friends because we both know you aren't leaving Cesar or your dumbass cholo of-"

"Don't call him that."  Arcelia glared, her fists clenched as her so-called friend trash talked her family. 

"That's what he is."  Ruby declared, looking down and spotting the Santos necklace around her neck.  "Now why don't you go back home and be a little Santos bitch." 

Arcelia wasn't even thinking at this point, she was just livid.  She didn't even realize her hand raised until Ruby was on the floor holding his cheek.  "Fuck you."  Her voice cracked, and suddenly Ruby wanted to take everything back.  Arcelia turned around and left the house in a hurry, not even thinking to say goodbye to Mario who she could hear yelling at Ruby.

Arcelia angrily wiped her cheeks, because Oscar didn't raise no bitch.  How could Ruby say that to her?  He could've just told her what happened, but instead he hurt her.  She was walking fast to get home, all the anger inside her just bottling up and she tried to get as far away from the Martinez house as fast as possible. 

When she got home, the Santos now filled her front lawn and watched her walk, more like stomp, up.  "Angelita, qué-"  Arcelia walked pass Oscar and completely ignored him, too pissed to speak.  She was hurt and she was angry.

She got into her room, fell on her bed face first and let out a frustrated scream.  She turned over and sighed as she looked up at the ceiling.  For a second, she felt less mad, until she started crying and forced herself to turn on her side while hugging a fluffy pillow to her chest.

She felt her bed dip beside her and a large hand rub her back.  "Want me to shoot someone?"

She let out a chuckle and shook her head before looking over her shoulder at Oscar who already had his glock out and up in the air.  "It's just stupid teenage drama."

"Angelita, no es estúpido si te está haciendo llorar."  Oscar said quietly, still rubbing her back as Arcelia's cries calmed down to just sniffing. 

Arcelia sat up, and leaned against her headboard while looking down at her hands.  "I don't want to go to high school.  I don't have any friends anymore." 

Oscar watched his sister's face scrunch up before more tears started falling and her body started shaking.  He instinctively moved forward and hugged her while trying to calm her down, even though he himself was pissed.  He wanted to kick someone's ass, but his angelita needed him.

Wow we love drama after 2 chapters