veinticuatro

"Cesar sucks ass."

"Okay, why you always hating on me?" Cesar groaned from the backseat.

"Because Oscar taught us how to do all this Quince stuff years ago, yet you dance like you don't have feet." Arcelia complained.

After her date with Ruby, Oscar picked the two up and took them back to Ruby's house where they were going to have dance rehearsal again since some people were having a harder time than others. Aka Cesar.

Oscar shook his head and let the twins argue about Cesar's lack of dance skills. "You know I'm right, stupid." Arcelia commented.

"You're stupid."

"Well, you're stupider."

"You're stupiderer."

"That's not a word, dumbass."

Cesar groaned and turned to Oscar. "Tell her to shut up."

"He doesn't listen to you, I'm his favorite!"

"That's because you're a girl!"

"Both of you shut the hell up!" Oscar's deep voice shouted, making the twins freeze and look towards him. "Jesus fucking Christ, you're both stupid."

Cesar scoffed and shook his head as he sneered, "Says the one who got arrested and couldn't finish high school."

Arcelia's jaw dropped and she turned back around. "Because he was busy taking care of us and keeping the roof over our head!"

Oscar slammed on the breaks and had both twins flinging forward. Thank God for seatbelts. "You wanna talk back, then you can fucking walk home." He growled out, reaching over to Arcelia and opening the door. "Get the fuck out." He told Cesar.

"Seriously? Are you forgetting who I am?"

"I know exactly who you are because I raised your dumbass. You wanna talk shit about my life, then you can walk home and think about your own life."

"We're on the other side of town because you had to make a drop!"

"Does it look like I give a shit?" Oscar asked, glaring at his little brother and making him cower back. "You think you're fucking grown? You think you would survive on these streets without me around? If it wasn't for me sacrificing my life for yours and hers, you would be dead already. You wanna be grown, then get the hell out. Otherwise, sit your little ass back and shut the hell up."

Arcelia gulped as she watched the two, Oscar slightly scaring her even though he wasn't even talking to her. Arcelia watched as Cesar nodded his head and closed her door once Oscar turned back around without another word.

The whole car ride was dead silent, not even Oscar's usual rap music was playing. Arcelia wasn't necessarily involved, but she felt like she was in trouble too, even though she wasn't. In Oscar's mind, it was another one of their stupid sibling fights, but in Arcelia's mind, it was another fight that was ruining her brothers' relationship.

× × ×

"What color do you think my quince dress should be?" Arcelia thought out loud, staring up at her ceiling with Ruby laying down right beside her. For very obvious reasons, her door was wide open, as was the front door so Oscar could hear. "I kinda want a theme for mine, you know?"

"You look amazing in everything." Ruby stated, turning his head to look into her big brown eyes. "But if we were getting to specifics, you'd look good in like an off-white or light pink with gold details on the top. Oh, and for your hair you could part it right here, curl it and then put on a tiara to show off you being una princesa."

Arcelia glanced up at Ruby, trying yo vision his idea before nodding. "Wanna help me pick out an outfit?"

"Help you? I just take the pictures."

"Come on, you literally just planned out how I'm going to look on my quince, you can help me pick an outfit."

Ruby groaned, but reluctantly stood up to help Arcelia figure out what to wear to get snacks at the liquor store.  After Oscar almost walking in on Arcelia shirtless with Ruby facing the window, the two left for their walk. "I can't wait until we can drive. Walking in Freeridge is not only unsafe, but it's scary." Ruby whispered, looking around the empty street frantically.

"Oscar taught me how to drive. Maybe we could try stealing his car next time." Arcelia beamed, bouncing in excitement.

Ruby smiled at her happiness, but shook his head. "No offense, but Oscar would kill me even though it wasn't my idea." The short boy stated, making Arcelia sigh but nod at the very true statement.

Gripping Ruby's hand tighter, Arcelia swung their intertwined hands and walked with a small skip. "I was thinking about trying for cheer next year." Ruby's snapped over to Arcelia, almost giving himself whiplash at her statement. "I mean, I walked by when they were practicing one time and it looked pretty easy. It's all stuff I did in the living room like 3 years ago." The female Diaz shrugged, waiting for her boyfriend to reply.

"Won't you get hurt?"

"Only if I do something wrong, but come on. I'm me, I never fail." Arcelia joked, shaking her head and flipping her hair as she now walked ahead of Ruby. "It's just a thought. Plus, you'd get to see me in a skirt."

Ruby tilted his head and tried to picture Arcelia in a cheer uniform, but he quickly stopped himself when he got a little too carried away. "Would Spooky approve?" Ruby questioned, then he started rambling. "I mean, I have nothing against it because you deserve to succeed and be happy more than anyone in this town and—"

"We'll figure it out." Arcelia shrugged, dragging Ruby into the liquor store and over to the back wall where all the drinks were. "Oh! We can tell Oscar about my quince and start planning soon, too!"

× × ×

Liked by ruby

Liked by ruby.martinez and 183 more
arceliamfdiaz Ruby picked out my outfit, then said I look like a wet poodle wearing fried chicken 🙄 we love a supportive boyfriend 🥰🖕🏼
view 52 comments
ruby.martinez I didn't lie
arceliamfdiaz "i d!DnT LiE" headass
monsefins You both are annoyingly cute
arceliamfdiaz @monsefins Back off my manz or catch these hands

This update was long overdue, sorry babes 😬🥴 but you can expect more updates from this story now! AND THE TRAILER SUPPOSEDLY COMES OUT TOMORROW!!!!!!