veintiseis

The long awaited day of Olivia's quince was finally here and Arcelia was getting ready with her music blasting in her room. Cesar, on the other hand was getting his head shaved with Arcelia not having the slightes clue that both of her brothers are about to be bald. While putting on highlight and moving her face around to make sure it was shining, she saw the Santos pull up into the front yard.

Arcelia didn't know much about the whole Latrelle and Cesar drama, especially the fact that it got more heated when the Prophets threatened to come after her. It was why Oscar was so persistent on Latrelle getting killed, but they didn't know that Cesar didn't go through with it. In fact, she didn't even know about the squad looking for the Rollerworld money.

"Celia, vámonos!"

"Espérate! I'm putting on falsies!" Oscar scrunched up his face in confusion, then shook his head and walked away, not even bothering to ask what that meant.

Arcelia waited for the glue to dry then put on her fake eyelashes, curled them with her real lashes and stood up to do a once-over of her outfit. "That's not the dress the damas are wearing." Cesar stated, watching Arcelia walk out with her modified dress.

"It is, I just made it cuter." Arcelia replied nonchalantly.

"Why's it so short?"

"Stop complaining, I look cute." Arcelia smiled, patting Oscar's shoulder as she walked out of the house. "Eww! You're both bald."

"Yeah, and you're next." Oscar announced, making Arcelia gasp and cover her head. "Now get in the car. I got shit to do after I drop you guys off."

Arcelia rolled her eyes and got into the impala as fast as her heels would allow her. She got into the back seat off the impala and waited for Oscar to start driving. "You always make us late."

"Fashionably late." Arcelia stated. "Plus it's not like the ceremony started. We have another 20 minutes."

× × ×

The ceremony lasted an hour and Arcelia was regretting staying up late. "Um, where's Jamal?"

"He bailed because he had 'business'." Sebastian informed her. "You looked good. I didn't have the chance to say that earlier."

Arcelia dropped her jaw, and dramatically put her hand on her chest. "Are you flirting?"

"With you? Gross." Seba joked, laughing when Arcelia punched his stomach. "Your little fists can't hurt me."

"Pictures!" Geny yelled. The squad came together and posed as Ruby's dad snapped a picture of the damas and chambelanes. "Ay, qué lindos!" Geny exclaimed. "Ruby, help your dad pack the car."

"I do need help." Ruby's dad said, watching Geny leave before turning back to the group. "With your mother, not the car."

"Give me a minute." Ruby told him. "What are you doing?" He whisper-yelled, pulling Arcelia away from the group and off to the side

"What I do?"

"The damas are supposed to be matching. And the guests aren't supposed to look better than the birthday girl." Ruby ranted, checking Arcelia out before looking back up at her.

Arcelia smiled and leaned down to kiss his cheek. "Calm down. I just made it look better because it was awkward. Abuelita taught me well, huh?" Arcelia twirled around and Ruby watched her, no longer feeling stressed out with her looking better than Olivia. "So," Arcelia dragged out, "what's this I hear about Latrelle not being dead? Oscar's gonna be pissed."

Ruby sighed and looked over to Cesar and Monse. "He's gone. Not dead, but he's gone, and that's all that matters." Ruby grabbed Arcelia's hand and led her back to the group.

"Ruby, por favor!" Geny demanded, making Ruby roll his eyes with his back facing her.

"I'll see you guys back at the house."

"I'm gonna find Sebastian." Arcelia told Monse and Cesar, noticing that they needed a minute alone.  Arcelia walked away from the two and subsequently, she went outside because that's where Olivia said he went.

× × ×

"Ruby, someone's gonna walk in."  Arcelia giggled, flinching as Ruby kept kissing her neck.  When everyone got back to Ruby's house, Ruby waited until everyone was distracted before dragging Arcelia into the bathroom because he was stressed.

"But you're so beautiful."  Ruby coo'd, grabbing her face and bringing her down to kiss her.  It was moments like these where Ruby hated her wearing heels, but damn did she make them look good.  "No one will find us, they're too busy setting all the tables up."

"Which is what we should be doing."  Arcelia stated.

"I planned this entire thing and as party planner, I say you don't need to help.  Now, shhh."  Ruby brought Arcelia's face down again to continue their makeout.  "Your lips are soft."  Ruby mumbled, holding the back of Arcelia's head.

"Has anyone seen Ruby?  I need to know where to put these."  Sebastian called through the house.

"He's stressed, so he's probably walking before he has an aneurysm."  Cesar explained.  Sebastian shrugged and placed everything he brought in on the floor.  "Have you seen Arcelia?"

Sebastian shook his head and pulled his phone out.  "Not since we got here."

Cesar sighed and pulled his phone out.  "I'll call her.  Make sure she's still here and didn't run back home." 

Arcelia heard her phone vibrating on the counter and blindly pressed the lock button so it would shut up.  She whimpered when Ruby trailed his mouth down the side of her neck and pulled his hair when he bit a certain spot. 

"Tengo que hacer pis!"  Abuelita yelled from the other side of the bathroom door, pounding on it and making Ruby pull away from Arcelia and throw his head back with a silent groan.

"How do we get pass her?"  Arcelia freaked out, slowly coming down from the counter without her heels making noise. 

Ruby looked at her, just as lost as she was.  His mouth stayed open and he tried to think of a way to not make this awkward, but came up with nothing.  "I don't think we can."

When Arcelia and Ruby walked out of the bathroom together, Abuelita looked at them with her eyebrows raised and Sebastian and Cesar looked over.  "I'm gonna help in the kitchen."

Arcelia walked away, avoiding the awkwardness and left Ruby standing there.  Ruby laughed awkwardly, looking at everyone staring at him and feeling his hands get clammy.

"I'm gonna check everything outside."  He said, practically running out of the situation and leaving everyone to stare at each other in confusion.